CrazyBoards.org

0.5 mgs PRM of risperdal used for mania and psychotic features

I just spent a week in the hospital for a mixed/mostly manic episode and was given a prm 0.5 mgs of risperdal. It is very effective sat killing of my racing thoughts. It is a great PRM because it gets rid of symptoms. I still have the Ativan for fear anxiety and slowing me down. My Abilify was doubled as well. Does anybody else have any experiences with using risperdal as a prm. How did it work out for you?

I never found risperdal effective to me as a PRN med, but I take 6 mg/day for the past two years. It is very effective in keeping away the hallucinations I used to experience. I also haven't experienced any psychosis in years.

I am just recently put back on Risperidone 1mg for hallucinations and delusions associated with my Bipolar disorder. I still have very bad anxiety tho and paranoia.

I am also very forgetful of everything. EVERYTHING!! Its so annoying! I have a follow up appointment in a few weeks. She might increase the dosage. I still keep feeling like people are out to get me. its SO scary!

I am just recently put back on Risperidone 1mg for hallucinations and delusions associated with my Bipolar disorder. I still have very bad anxiety tho and paranoia.

I am also very forgetful of everything. EVERYTHING!! Its so annoying! I have a follow up appointment in a few weeks. She might increase the dosage. I still keep feeling like people are out to get me. its SO scary!

I find this to be very helpful at bring down paranoia the speediness of mania. I have Ativan to help with anxiety. Maybe the rsiperidal will bring down the anxiety for you in time.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on risperdone for 2 mg and up to 4 as needed. It helped loads. Now I'm going off of it b/c of side effects, but I would still recommend it. It really helped my phobias. It also got rid of a voice I had in head that would describe everything I did. I wonder if these symptoms will come back as I come off of it. :( I guess I'll see.