CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Velvet Elvis

Provisional Rules and User Agreement

OK folks.  This is a draft version of what new users are going to be presented with upon registration.

It's also pretty much what all of you need to know about how to conduct yourselves if you don't want people getting pissed off at you. 

Notifications will be posted of any substantial modifications.  We'll do our best to not change the rules in the middle of the game any more than we have to.

Here it is:

Crazyboards User Agreement:

By proceeding with the registration process you agree to have have read and understood the following: 

This isn't your usual support site.  Frankly, we think most of the so-called support sites out there suck.  That's why we have our own.  You won't find that your every post is responded to with feigned warm fuzziness and cyberhugs.  Frankly, we think cyberhugs suck. 

A lot of other sites place great importance on making sure people are not offended or "triggered."  We don't.  With reasonable exceptions such as the PTSD board, we don't do a lot of walking on eggshells around here.  Everyone is encouraged to say what they need to say and not worry about what effect it may have on others.  We do have a trigger warning feature which people are free to use if they so desire, but its use is not required.

We try not to have a lot of rules.  In general, we prefer to let people be themselves and work out their problems amongst themselves. 

Here are the basics which will be expanded upon elsewhere in the forum:

• Don't be a jerk.  We get to define what constitutes being a jerk.  Basically, if you're a bigger asshole than any of our moderators, you're a jerk.

• If you want to talk about your involvement in any past or present illegal activities, that's fine by us but if any law enforcement officials come knocking on my door I'm going to give them what they ask for.

• The moderators have the final say in what content is or is not acceptable on their boards.

• Do not disclose any personal information about any person other than yourself.  The public disclosure of specific identifying facts about even yourself is strongly discouraged.  This includes surnames, home addresses, place of employment, email addresses and the like.  We reserve the right to edit your posts to protect your privacy or the privacy of others.

• No abusive, libelous or slanderous postings.

• Usernames may not be the name of any real person unless it is your own.  If you really are Pauly Shore, you will be asked to send in a copy of your Photo-ID for confirmation.  I will then ban you from the site because you scare the bejesus out of me.  Come on.  Encino Man?  WTF was that all about?

• No soliciting, spamming, or other commercial activity.  If you want to post a link to your own business in your signature, that's fine.  If you want to post a review or recommendation for a product or service that you personally used it's fine as long as you are not making any money off of it.

Finally, We reserve the right to display your posts indefinitely.  They are ultimately your intellectual property to use elsewhere as you may please, but don't show up six months later and ask us to remove all your posts.  You most likely will not like the results.  Other posters have the right to quote any post you may make in their own posts so long as proper attribution is given.  Moderators have the right to edit your posts as they see fit.

While it is no cause for reservations, we reserve the right to reserve all other rights which are not otherwise reserved.

• Like 1

okay sign me up!!!

very nicely worded v.e.!!!

yay you n maddy a.m. n everyone rock for keeping it true!!

flutterfly

[*] Usernames may not be the name of any real person unless it is your own.

Don't be a jerk.  We get to define what constitutes being a jerk.  Basically, if you're a bigger asshole than any of our moderators, you're a jerk.

Shit. Never saw this one before. . . 

Does that mean I'm safe as long as at least *one* remaining mod is a bigger asshole than me? Or does it apply if I'm just a bigger asshole than any given mod?  I mean, for instance, I'll always be a bigger asshole than Becca.

Does this "asshole" thing go before a jury, or anything? Will there be an asshole ranking (Asshole Supreme, Asshole #2, etc)?  Just so I'll know who I'm dealing with? (And by "dealing with" I mean "smartassedly swearing at, on topic".)

All Rights Reserved, Some Wrongs Reversed. (when we are in the mood.)

ana - don't worry. as long as you're not being a bigger asshole than i am, you are in no danger -- and i am a really big asshole.

as a matter of fact, can i claim the title of 'asshole supreme'? i can fight for it, if deemed necessary.

as a matter of fact, can i claim the title of 'asshole supreme'? i can fight for it, if deemed necessary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That depends. Does this mean you come with sour cream and shredded cheese?  ;)

actually, sour cream is my sworn enemy. it's so.... icky. and oily. and viscous. and vile.  ditto guacamole. but i do in fact come with shredded cheese.

fuck yeah!  Hal is back!  missed you.....the mods have been pretty tense around here; i've missed you freewheeling LibertyJones types.  it's felt a little restrictive for a while.

my question: do you really come with shredded cheese?  i usually come with my partner..... ;)

do you really come with shredded cheese?

what can i say, reddog... i rrrrreeeeallly like cheese....

::restrains self from telling incriminating story about the time she proved that 'nutella is great on just about anything!' exactly as it says on the jar... and how she had to buy new sheets afterwards...::

*ahem* you wouldn't believe the stuff i've found to be 'good on everything'.......*ahem*

i've missed you freewheeling LibertyJones types. 
Ah, LibertyJones!  I had forgotten about her.  I do wish she'd return.

And, welcome back, Halation!

While it is no cause for reservations, we reserve the right to reserve all other rights which are not otherwise reserved.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Love it.

My only objection is the statement that "we think cyber hugs suck." I don't think they suck. Crazy Soprano doesn't, either.

But I'm not sure who "us" is. Maybe all the mods hate them. *shrugs*  Anyway... it's not worth a debate by any means.

In the past, I've been a cyberhugging machine.  I now try to restrain myself.  I wonder, are tackelhugs okay?  *tacklehugs Sunshine*  See?  Now don't you feel loved? 

Hmmph.  Why does that damned ;) *.gif this board comes with have to be animated?

I think I should go to sleep now.

(Yay!  Civil disagreement!)

Ooooh!!! yes!!!! Let's all send VE cyber hugs..... hundreds of them!!!

{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And tackle hugs sound good until someone gets hurt. How about bear hugs? Though technically, bear hugs are probaby more likely to cause injury that tackle hugs.

I will agree with one thing... cyber hugs do suck in a way because when I want a hug, I usually want the physical touch as much as the emotional support. It's great that we can give each other the emotional support, but it does suck donkey dong that we can't wrap our arms around them and squeeze the bejeesus out of them!

"Finally, We reserve the right to display your posts indefinitely.  They are ultimately your intellectual property to use elsewhere as you may please, but don't show up six months later and ask us to remove all your posts."

Yup...very important. If you remove one person's posts from every thread, instead of a helpful, valuable resource on mental illness, you end up with mutated incoherant swiss cheese. Isn't MI hard enough to understand as it is?

You are all doing a great job on the transition. I am so glad the boards are still around.

"Finally, We reserve the right to display your posts indefinitely.  They are ultimately your intellectual property to use elsewhere as you may please, but don't show up six months later and ask us to remove all your posts."

uhoh, i hadn't clued in to this. and i notice that the delete button is gone from posts i've made. this isn't good. i will think twice about posting now.