CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
ahalo

CT shooting in elementary school

I began to read the headline article, however I found myself backing away in self-preservation. I simply cannot expose my fragile mind to that kind of horror.

Indigo - don't expose it. Divert your eyes.

i'm so fucking mad.

I have a kindergartner daughter. This incident fills me with rage - the wearing doc martens and kicking ass kind of rage.

I have a friend who also has a kinder daughter. We discussed it quite a bit already. He (the friend) is sane and probably more mature than I am.

Anyway, I promised to get off the internet and take a xanax (don't fret this is within my pdoc orders). I won't watch tv news...I rarely do anyway.

World - stop shooting children!!!!!

db

that horrible what kind of person does that to kids ...it reminds me of the shooting that happened over here in Scotland a few years ago there where little kids where killed

praying for them

I don't understand this at all. My thoughts and energies are going out to those affected by this awful tragedy.

I'm in tears, and can't wait for my kids to get home from school (we live no where near CT). I just want to hug them.

It also makes me think of how vulnerable my kids school is. Most of the doors are locked and card key access only. Except for the front door. Anyone can just walk in, take a right and go into a first grade classroom in about 7 seconds. Everytime I hear of a school shooting, or mass shooting in general, I think of this. This kind of thing shakes your faith in the safety of our schools.

A young man who lives in hoboken killed someone in his apartment, drove 'armed to the teeth' to his mothers kindergarten classroom in Newtown, Connecticut, went into the office and shot the principal and then went into his mothers' classroom. He killed his mother and her students.

I am numb.

My kids are four and six. Like Odetta said, anyone could walk into their schools. My daughter's school is a pre-K; it has actual babies in it. There's no locks on the doors. The news said a whole class of kindergartners is unaccounted for. What does that even mean? Does that just mean they haven't identified the bodies? I should just go get my kids. It doesn't matter whether they're safe or not; I should just go get them.

What a horrible thing. I can't even imagine the horror. I read that one teacher locked her students in a closet and saved their lives. My kids are older and their school's are locked, but I am still nervous.

I am so sorry for what those people have to go through..

My thoughts and prayers go out to them. I truly am sorry. This is beyond disgusting and should have never happened.

What is happening to this world? I am saddened and growing even more sad.

I can usually remain collected in situations like this, but this one gets me. 5-10 year olds.. *sigh*

I'm trying to tell myself that at least it wasn't random. He was after his Mom, and her students by extension... so that's a very particular set of circumstances.

But still..

Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

I can't stop thinking about those parents who already bought Christmas presents for their kids and now won't have anyone to give them to.

oh my god, that IS just heartbreaking

Earlier in the week my 9 and 7 year old kids had a "code red" drill, during which they practiced getting away from the doors and windows in case someone came into school with a weapon. The principal would speak in code during the drill, announcing something like "I'm glad that everyone is wearing red today." It almost made me ill when my kids told me about the drill, the fact that this is what we've come to. And now this horror in CT. Unspeakably sad.

I can't stop thinking about those parents who already bought Christmas presents for their kids and now won't have anyone to give them to.

I can;t stop panicking about this. Told my 13 yr. old and her girlfriend, tried to plan it so we were distracted by walking but calm enough so they heard me. The gf looked up at me and asked, "the whole classroom?". Then my girl was distracted by something and we moved on. But when I dropped them off at gf's apartment, her single mom kindergarten teacher walked out of the building in tears.

My husband didn't care until he put himself in the shoes of those parents. And then he decided that there was nothing he could do. He pointed out the event in China yesterday where someone walked into a school and committed atrocious violence. But there are no guns around, he used a knife. Very different outcome. We then, hubby and I, had an argument about psychosis. Apparently this type of mass killing is usually committed by someone who is not psychotic but just snaps. I have no idea if this is true.

Unable to turn off my empathy, any news on tv, internet, phone, is banned. I am frozen enough as it is.

Edited by water