CrazyBoards.org

Welcome to my life

Hey everyone,

Thought I'd drop by and introduce myself as it looks like I'm going to be using these boards a lot more. I was initially diagnosed with clinical depression, however after a manic reaction to antidepressants and a closer examination of my history the psychiatric team in charge of my care now think I'm probably bipolar- and so the fun begins!

Anyway, I'm female and am currently at college. At risk of sounding like a personal ad, I'd quite like to chat with other mentally interesting folk as I feel rather like I'm the only person in the world that's 'special' (i know i'm not, but....you know...). I know folk with/who have had mild clinical depression, but I don't know of anyone that's bipolar in the real world so would be nice to be reassured this isn't the case!

Right, time to shut up!  ;)

Cheers for the welcomes guys! Finding the links helpful- know thy enemy and all that! Anyway, my current resolution is that i'll be damned if i let this thing beat me, and it's great to know i'm really, actually, not alone (sorry, still get excited over this- the total number of bipolar people i had come across in my life time before coming on this board was one. that being me).

Archived