CrazyBoards.org

stupified and drooling in shock

While in the loony bin for another failed try at suicide, my bf called to tell me that the disability determination board had excepted my claim for disability on MI and Physical  grounds. I just sat there and gaped for a few minutes. Since they keep changing my dx, I thought for sure that I'd get turned down. Next Tuesday, my tdoc is going with me to talk about what they might give me for non medical income (feminine products, clothing, toothpaste etc)...I'm scared half to death, my agorophobia and social phobia is strangling me. I hope that they except me so that this will be over with for a while, the stress is really slaughtering me.

I hope that others have good luck with thier claims. Don't give up hope, keep trying.

I believe any self-inflicted potentially fatal act that sends you through the medical system lights a fire under their ass. I was "officially" approved on a March 27. Coincidentally, I also accidentally (really) OD'ed on 400mg of methadone (mixed up the strength) and coded.

But that March 27th was a Saturday.  Things that make you go hmmmmmm. . . .

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was also accepted today for disability, on the first try! I am so surprised. It couldn't have come at a better time... all my money just ran out. heh.

Congrats to everyone else who has received it and good luck to those who are still trying.

Just want to interject here. I wasn't accepted on my first attempt but I did receive disability. For people going through the application process now or people thinking about starting the process, as you can see from above some people do get disbility on the first try. But if you do not get approved on the first try do not lose hope. Hang in there.

Congrats to all of you that had success the first time aournd.

Archived