CrazyBoards.org

I'm prescribed up to 600mg of "traz-a-dum" a day for sleep and as a mood

stabilizer. I am allowed to take as much or little as desired. My personally experience

is that the drug does not stabilize itself but "poops" out.

(meaning that after awhile the body adjusts to the drug and it does not produce the

same effect....like most narcotics.)

The great thing about "traz-a-dum" is how it's not an addicting medication if being

prescribed for sleep.

My understanding is that drug is a better sleep agent then anti-depressant or

mood stabilizer. ..

There are days that I feel hung over

I'm prescribed up to 600mg of "traz-a-dum" a day for sleep and as a mood

stabilizer. I am allowed to take as much or little as desired. My personally experience

is that the drug does not stabilize itself but "poops" out.

(meaning that after awhile the body adjusts to the drug and it does not produce the

same effect....like most narcotics.)

The great thing about "traz-a-dum" is how it's not an addicting medication if being

prescribed for sleep.

My understanding is that drug is a better sleep agent then anti-depressant or

mood stabilizer. ..

There are days that I feel hung over

Bianca & Jafco,

Thank you for your messages.

If the larger dose traz-a-dom pill is a horse pill...that explains why my Doc has been telling me it's a 50mg dose. I'm not often not a big pill fan to start with. Often the bigger they are the more I complain...(laughing)

Anyways... I have been presecribed up to 600mg a day now for over 5 years.

Let's just say the "Sandman" is sometimes not a friend of mine...

If I use the amount I need when needed, I do not experience "poop-out"...

If I use the same amount each night... it stops working for me within 3-6 months.

That has just been my personal experience...

Yes... it was a very funny thing that happy with that relative!

Would it be mean to say that I may have enjoyed that experience more in person?

Yes...I would have loved to have seen the look on thier face...(TeeHee)

Didn't like this at all.  Actually at 50 mg it took me a long time to get to sleep!  I do feel like I have a hangover this morning.  Won't take it again.  Oh well, there's a different drug for everyone!  Did make my mind feel like it was on speed, like pages in a book turning turning turning!

It gets better after a while if you take it every day.  The combination of stims and coffee was enough for me to get past it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I normally have such a high threshold to any drug, but this one knocks me on my ass at 25 mg. and makes me feel like shite the next day (headache GRANDE) AND makes my usually Fellini-esque dreams take on a psycho/sexual tone that is disturbing. Fellini meets Freud in my unconcious mind...no wonder I'm so fucked up!

Anyway, I noticed too that I can shake the hang over with caffeine, but the overall hangover makes me more depressed and slightly pissed off. I don't take it every night, maybe if I did I would establish some tolerance to it. The one time I took 100 mg., I was slurring my words before I could get to bed. I can't believe this is an SSRI, it is, correct? VE?

HB

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm at the point now since I've been on WB for two weeks its almost impossible for me to fall asleep.  I have been taking 75mg since it was waking me.  Its a s/e of the WB.  It will go away in time once my body build it up in my sysytem.  Hopefully at 4 weeks I should be good. 

When I wasn't on WB I could either take 25/50mg.  Depending on if I really needed lots of sleep or not.  I never get a hangover though.  I probably metabolize it fast ;)

LOL

Doesn't that high dose knock you out?  I suspect you only take it at night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

(Laughs too...)

Ummm... Well... yup... if that "maga-dum" dose is taken at the same time...

(And...done it...when desperate for sleep. It made me stare off into space more

then normal... haahaa! Ugh...)

Most of the time I'll take a dose before bedtime....then when I go bed...

and bump it up as I wake up through the night.... (ggggggggggrrrrrrrrrr!)

(The "Sandman" reeeeeeeeeallly doesn't like me...and my body burns things

up fairly fast.)

I take the stuff as needed for sleep...

Sledom ever the same doses...

Sometimes it would take a coma to put me out... So, I don't bother with anything

at all...

I wake up alot too.  Last night I knew I was only going to get under 4 hours of sleep so I only took 25mg.  I woke up about 4 times ;)

Couldn't take me b/c then I wouldn't be able to wake up...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Poor Bianca ....

I guess the "Sandman" is very nice to you either....

What do you say about helping me catch the jerk?

We could tar & feather him! (snickers)

Archived