CrazyBoards.org

Niravam

My pdoc prescribed a med called Niravam for me for anxiety.  I can  take .25 (one or two) mg 2 times a day as needed.  I have taken it twice -- once on Friday when I was getting a migraine and once today (.50 mgs both times) and it actually relieved my headache when most other things don't work.  He gave it to me for stress, tension and anxiety.  Has anyone tried this, and I do believe it is a benzo med and I am somewhat concerned about that.  What exactly is the deal with this category of meds?  Thanks!

Anne (I also take 90 mgs Cymbalta)

My pdoc prescribed a med called Niravam for me for anxiety.  I can  take .25 (one or two) mg 2 times a day as needed.  I have taken it twice -- once on Friday when I was getting a migraine and once today (.50 mgs both times) and it actually relieved my headache when most other things don't work.  He gave it to me for stress, tension and anxiety.  Has anyone tried this, and I do believe it is a benzo med and I am somewhat concerned about that.  What exactly is the deal with this category of meds?  Thanks!

Anne (I also take 90 mgs Cymbalta)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

niravam is a new kind a xanax, its the same chemical (alprazolam), but it might be time-released or something like that.. i tried it and didnt think it was much different than regular xanax

Yeah, they do taste funny, but they do work.  I am scared of it though, but man they do help!  I was having anxiety last night while trying to sleep -- mind would not stop, so I finally took .5 and it did help so much, and I've taken it 2 other times and took away my stress and my migraine!  Why does something that works so well have to be addicting?  If it works should I just stop worrying about it and take it when I need it?  I guess I way more anxiety than I thought I did because when I take it, I feel so much better and it such a relief to not feel that way!

Archived