CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
lifequake

Do you ever wonder...?

Do you ever wonder what happens to active CB users who leave or disappear?  Sometimes, when I have not seen a post from somebody in a long while, I start to wonder.  "Are they busy with work?"  "Did they stop liking CB?"  "Are they safe?"

Admittedly, I am kind of a bleeding heart who gets attached to everybody and sticks like glue.  However, I do wonder about people's real lives and think about some of the people on CB when I am going about my day.  Is that weird?

Occasionally, too, somebody will come back to CB after being away for years and talk about how stable they are, how they got married, or saved the world, and then I must say...I feel a bit jealous.  Oh, what a trip it is to be human and have all these emotions!

I drifted away as I got better, had different problems, thought I needed to change focus, thought it would be tempting fate to post about it. 

One problem with the whole MI thing is that, through a combination of denial and stigma/discretion, many of the success stories are driven underground.  How was I supposed to learn by example if only the most flamboyant successes were talking?

I left for six months once. And then I came back. And then I became a mod.

Sometimes people get stable and they don't need to use our resources to figure out how to get there any more (chronic MI is episodic, but for many people they will have say, a bout of depression every decade or so. So they come here during their depression and then move on). Sometimes people move on but then come back, like CNS did. Sometimes people sui and then they don't come back. There are a few people that I miss, who I know will never come back. It makes me sad, but that's part and parcel of a place like CB.

I have friends that I've made here, and I find myself wondering how they're doing. I shoot them a PM either here or FB to show that I care. I also mail care packages to a fair few CB members. So yes, I think about people offline while I'm assembling their boxes, too.

OP I think that you're still human, fwiw. When I hear about people drifting away and getting married, my first reaction is "they're older than I am!" but, now, people my age are getting married. It wasn't like that before.