CrazyBoards.org

Hey everyone,

I was thinking of asking my doc for a low dose of Seroquel to help with my insomnia.  I have been taking Ambien for about 9 months now and it simply isn't working as well as it used to.  Also tried Lunesta, ditto for that one also.

I know Seroquel is a pretty powerful drug, but I have heard (from this board as well as from people I know) that it works GREAT for insomnia.  I actually have one that a friend gave me but I am afraid to take it..LOL

Also, at low doses, is the weight gain from it less likely to occur?

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I was helped by Seroquel at about 50mg, the dose needed for sleep. But upwards from there, I started to feel weirder and weirder, and like I was going to jump out of my body. And oh yeah, I slept for about 12 hours. If you want to try it, get your pdoc to give you some samples and try it on a day you don't have to go to work.

For me, seroquel at 50 mg is one of God's two greatest gifts for insomnia. (The other oneis trazodone.) Together they work like a charm. Not every night. I still have problems sleeping maybe one night in four or five. Which is much better than almost every night.

"Jump out of my skin" side effects start around 100 mg, become unbearable above that.

Big help with anxiety, though that may just ("just" ?) be the result of getting decent sleep.

No side effects, no hangover at 50 mg.

Sleep lasts dependably 5-6 hours; sometimes longer. Once in a while much longer, but that's only when I don't have to get up.

Try it, you'll (probably) like it, but with pdoc's knowledge and approval.

Hope it works for you

tom

I am not taking Seroquel for insomnia but it will put your ass to sleep for sure.

On the other hand, I can afford to sleep 12+ hours, well I can't really afford to but I don't have to wake up and go to work or care for a baby or children, etc.

I don't like how knocked out it makes me. One night after I took my Seroquel, my SO left the house and came back and I did not hear a thing! To me that is pretty scary because I worry about anyone possibly coming into the house while I am passed out on Seroquel. But maybe I am just a wee bit paranoid?

Erika

Archived