CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
de235388

GOD CAN HEAL SCHIZOPHRENIA

Just wanted to add:

I have been praying to the true, one and only God (yes, capitalize that bitches)*, The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM for short, although I have no idea whether calling him this will lead to irreversible damnation). Please, do not try to tell me that despite the possibility, due to our current lack of knowledge on so many things, that there is some sort of superior intelligence/force that is the creator of the universe the belief that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not only the creator of the universe but Its (capitalized too, the FSM has no gender) will is carried out everyday, at every moment, everywhere is nothing short than stupid.

Anyways, despite my prayers, The Flying Spaghetti Monster has refused to touch me with his noodle appendage and by the pure power of Its will cure me of my... whatever the fuck it is I have. Perhaps he is angry at me because I have sinned; yes, I admit it, I have, despite Its commandments, eaten the holy pasta instead of venerating it. 

Oh, Pasta Holiness, what can I do to redeem myself?

Hope you all find a way of being better, whatever you believe on or do to get better.

----

*DISCLAIMER: despite point 4 of the rules of this forum I emphasize this and other things said in my post represent my opinion/beliefs and should not be interpreted as trying to impose them on others or as a lack of respect of other opinions/beliefs (that are, of course, wrong)

Edited by Lemmiwinks

Lemmiwinks, it does not work to have a disclaimer if you insult people in your disclaimer.

That sort of thing is not cool, and is rather a snide "fuck you." If you're as atheistic as you profess to be, you should be above such low blows.

• Like 1

Is it just that last part in parenthesis that you find insulting? I just meant it as in, if I believe A is the answer then obviously whoever believes B or C or any other answer is wrong in my opinion. That is true for anyone who believes in anything.

Thing is I didn't say I was an atheist, I said I believe in the flying monster thing (ridiculous as they may be all beliefs are allowed on this forum according to rule number 6) ... but yes, I am sorry. I was just having fun, probably shouldn't have done it here. Should I edit it? You will delete it?

I live with a Pastafarian. I know its whole history, starting in Kansas as a reaction to creationism being taught in school and spreading from there.

What you do with your content is up to you. I'm not a mod of this board, as you can see. It just bothered me. I feel, as an agnostic, that we give ourselves a bad name if we are close-minded. Obviously your milage varies from mine.

You know how some posts end with YMMV - your milage may vary? It means "your experience may be different" so what I am saying is "your experience is clearly different from mine"

Lemmiwinks, the original poster stated that he thought God had healed his schizophrenia and his pastor was advising him to have faith and he wouldn't need medications.

The majority of members who responded to him told him to stay in touch with his psychiatrist, and many of them felt that the pastor was irresponsible to advise this person to stop taking his medications.  Several of those people have experienced psychosis and know that it's crucial for someone with a diagnosis of schizophrenia to be med-compliant.

It is not helpful to the OP for you to talk about the FSM in this thread.  If you want to start your own thread in this forum and talk about the FSM and his noodley appendages, that's fine.  We invite discussions of all sorts of religions.  When you do that, please do not refer to the FSM as the "true, one and only God (yes, capitalize that bitches)."  That is offensive to people of other religions, including Judaism, Islam, Catholicism, and most Protestant sects.

We need to be respectful of all religions in this forum.  Thank you for your cooperation.

olga

Ok, so for those of you who have wondered what happened to me for the last couple of years. I want to apologize, I have been afraid and embarrassed to post. But here is what happened, I was off medication and life seemed OK for like 6 months when I had a really bad episode, that ended in the police taking me to the hospital, a lot of bad things happened that hurt the ones I love. So long story short, while I do believe that God can do absolutely anything. I also believe medication was invented for a reason and I thank God for my meds and thank God that I now go to a church that doesnt make me feel bad for taking them. I should've taken my meds at the 1st sign of psychosis and I should've updated you all sooner.

• Like 3

Ok, so for those of you who have wondered what happened to me for the last couple of years. I want to apologize, I have been afraid and embarrassed to post. But here is what happened, I was off medication and life seemed OK for like 6 months when I had a really bad episode, that ended in the police taking me to the hospital, a lot of bad things happened that hurt the ones I love. So long story short, while I do believe that God can do absolutely anything. I also believe medication was invented for a reason and I thank God for my meds and thank God that I now go to a church that doesnt make me feel bad for taking them. I should've taken my meds at the 1st sign of psychosis and I should've updated you all sooner.

Thank you for the update. I am sorry to hear you went through that. Good you found a church that is more understanding.

Thanks for the update! It sounds like you've learned quite a difficult lesson first hand. It's too bad that that's what it takes sometimes.

"God helps those who help themselves."  I don't think that's in the Bible but I think it's very true.  However you want to define "God."  

Thanks for coming back and bringing us up to date.  I often wonder what happened to members who don't show up again.

Anyway, sounds like you found a good church community and I hope they help you along on your spiritual journey. 

And hooray for meds! :lol:

olga

Welcome back. I like your view on medications. God made people to make medications to help other people. I'm glad you've accepted meds, and I'm glad you have your "church family" that will help you. There is nothing wrong with faith, and having a support system with friends at church, as well as a doctor for medications, is a great start to recovery. 

Don't worry about being embarrassed here. This is a forum for support, pro-treatment, pro-recovery, and a safe place (for me it is). Many people have done what you did, you aren't alone. It's great that you can have faith in God as well as faith in science and medications, and being open-minded.

You definitely did the right thing, don't be embarrassed, don't look back at it and criticize yourself, because you can't change the past. You can use the past experiences to build a future, though. I hope your meds keep you stable, and your church continues to support you. 

Amazing story. I'm glad that you are getting good treatment now and are in a decent church. Thanks for updating. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. You're not the first and won't be the last to have stopped meds. Maybe your story will help someone else in a similar situation.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the update!!

I agree with the others - there is absolutely nothing to be embarassed about. Having a MI is rough stuff. I'm so glad you are doing better!!

May your journey of health continue,

db

Experience is the best teacher.  If your Jesus method works for you, then great.  You've been truly blessed, healed of a painful affliction.  If it doesn't work, then... well...

I've observed that people who try to heal using the Jesus method generally remain sick.  They may find peace about being ill; they may feel more relaxed, less stressed or afraid of the illness.  But in general, the illness doesn't go away.

It is for this reason that I would hesitate to stop taking the meds.  The Jesus method isn't generally successful in healing mental illness.  I wish it were.

I'm also curious why anyone has to prove their faith by giving up medication.  I know the Bible says lay hands on the sick and they'll be healed.  I don't find anywhere that says you shouldn't take medicine.

Best of luck.  I hope you are free of the illness and living a blessed life.

I am here to support you.

God has been healing me from Schizoaffective Disorder.  He does directs me to homeopathy, Bach flowers, herbs and now Niacin, and slow movements exercises, like Yoga; but still, I do believe that it is my faith that brings out answers of what I shoud do; and many times, many symptoms  and other ailments go away completely just by praying with absolute faith that only He lives in me, and completely believing my sins were forgiven, and that only clarity inhabits my cells...

On 1/29/2013 at 1:45 PM, crtclms said:

Your pastor is literally screwing with your life. Your illness is an illness just like heart disease or diabetes. Does he pray and fast diabetes away? Does he blame heart disease on the devil?

This is a very good point. Are you a scientologist? Because they believe in NO meds, and they believe they can cure cancer and such with their 'religion'. I didn't mean to insult you, if I did I am sorry. I'm just saying that MI is to be treated like diabetes or cancer. Could they pray over you and have those cured as well?