CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix_Rising

What Does Your User Name Mean?

Shit for brains. It was the way I was feeling when I found this place. And a very large disagreeable person used to call me that. Brings back weird memories.

I lol'ed at SFB! I like this topic too! I originally came here for opinions on erotic transference in psychodynamic psychotherapy so, I thought BlurredBoundaries was suited for that topic but, BlurredBoundaries suits me in everyday life as well because I don't really have a filter when I speak.I just say whatever I feel like saying most of the time.

Edited to add - Come to think of it, my username also suits my derealizations.

Edited by BlurredBoundaries

Ravens are my favourite bird. They are just so beautiful. Their wings look incredible when they are in flight, hence Raven_Wing.

ravens are amazing creatures. so are crows, actually. so intelligent!

,my username comes from a white stripes song. i would change it if i could, but oh well.

mine is a reference to Patrick Star, Spongebob's best friend... i love that dumb lil dude, so here i am...

I was very depressed when I joined CB and I felt like a candle whose light had gone out.  When I took a closer look at the avatar I found, it is a candle burning at both ends that looks weighted down.   That applies also.  Anyway . . . . . I wish I had chosen a shorter name.  I guess people can call me "Flameless" or "FC"

Edited by FlamelessCandle

My Sun and rising sign is Cancer - lunar influence

Moonlight in the dark night of the soul/depression

Play on the word "lunatic"

"...And further still, at an unearthly height

one luminary clock against the sky

proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right

I have been one acquainted with the night"

- Acquainted with the night - Robert Frost

Edited by Luna-

Well, my username has changed.  Purposefully.

Mirazh is one of the potential spellings of мираж, which is the Russian word that means mirage.  Because Mirage was taken. :P

Mim is a piece of tongue in cheek self-deprecation. Mim, or.Mimir, is a figure in Norse mythology who is renowned for his insight and intelligence. Mim is also the crazy sorceress from the Disney version of The Sword in the Stone.

Adapted from my earlier post (so you don't have to look for it):   

I was very depressed when I joined CB - I felt like a candle whose light/flame had gone out.  When I took a closer look at the avatar I found, it is a candle burning at both ends that looks weighted down.   That also applies.      I wish I had chosen a shorter name.    I guess people can call me "Flameless" or "Flame" or "Candle" or "FC".    Or "Hey There!"

isthisit?=  IS THIS IT? 

I guess I was having major depression when I joined, it is about wondering if this is it for me in life, the illness, my living situation,

not being married. not having travelled out of Europe,

Edited by isthisit?

'Anhedonia' is a common symptom of depression, and basically means "loss of the capacity to experience pleasure."

Has a bit of a negative vibe I guess... but I like puns :)  and my other favourite 'Bipolarbear' was already taken.

Woahstop = I really don't remember. I guess like woah, stop. Get out of my face.

When I joined I had a thing for Foamy the Squirrel, and particularly the episode in which his fellow squirrel Pillz-E rants about getting his coffee ("So I Said to My Doctor").  Also, it was self-deprecatory/own the insult, etc.  The same way as "crazy".  It's been a long time, and I don't know that I'd love Foamy's later evolution.  I should probably change it  But I still want some coffee.

My name comes from a song by the Australian band The Church. "One day doubtless, cloudless, bright/We'll shake away the shadows of eternal night/It's just the storm before the calm". The Church is my favorite band and I chose this lyric because it made me think of my depression and that this is just the bad time before the good time comes. Most folks call me Storm or SBC.