CrazyBoards.org

Is anyone else terrified of bugs? 

I just saw my third centipede in 3 days.  Aaaaaaaah!

This better not turn into an infestation. 

I should clean and make sure there is nothing appealing for them in here, but I would rather hole up on the couch with my laptop and hide from them.

I should be thankful I don't have roaches.  I've been there in the past and can we talk CRAAAAZY??? 

Ack, I found moths the other day and it sent me flippy.  Thought they were the kind that eats cloth but seems they hang out in the old boxes of food in my cupboards.  Think I have gotten rid of them, if not they are going to have to pay rent. ;)

I found a roach in my apt the other day. I chased him into the bathroom, then locked my cats in there and forced them to play with him until they killed him. They obliged, but they preferred the 'almost dead but still moving' kill, which dragged things on a bit.

Then I had to finally dispose of the fucker's body when he was finally dead. How to get him onto the dustpan without getting close enough to look at him? I covered him in foamy window cleaner, then scraped around with a newspaper to get him onto the dustpan.

Then a careful tiptoe over to the toilet, quick rendition of 'Taps,' then a ceremonial flush.

Then I ran around singing the Rocky theme to myself.

This is a true story. I only hope that it might serve as inspiration to you to go after them thar centipedes.

Also, I talked myself through it. It's okay, I live alone. (if I lived with someone--anyone, even a small child--I probably could have gotten them to dispose of the damn roach.)

I HATE SPIDERS!!! Thank GOD my husband works for a pest control company. i had nightmares for 3 weeks after a baby scorpian stung my in my kitchen. you better believe i had one of my husband friends out THAT day crawling around my attic erradicating them suckers

Any bugs on my body freak me out.  This is why I hate summertime.  And spiders?  Forget it.  I was cleaning my cubicle at work the other day and one of those garden variety, northeastern US hopping-type spiders (when we were kids my sister and I used to call them 'zebra spiders' because they were black and white stripey looking) materialized out of thin air and hopped across my hand.  Later that afternoon a full-blown disinfection extravaganza followed.  Bad situation.  Some may laugh, but I am a bonafide arachnaphobe.  Panic attacks.  The whole kaboodle.  Egads.  Just thinking about it make me feel itchy.

Devilla,

Do you by any chance live in a basement or semi-basement apt?  That might be why you are getting the centipedes - they flourish in damp environments.  I remember when I got my first apt. it was a semi-basement, now I am terrified of bugs - and when I saw one of these things scurry across my floor (they are FAST!) I nearly had a heart attack.

I heard boric acid is good at keeping them away, sprinkle some in the cracks under the walls, etc.  I know I walked around my apartment with a can of Raid for months, but it didn't really seem to do much.. LOL

Archived