CrazyBoards.org

so, i have never been diagnosed as ocd or any variant of it. but i'm beginning to wonder. i am gad/mdd but who knows, really.

i have run out of zoloft. i've been trying to stretch it out over the past week by taking a pill every other day, because i have no insurance and no money and no way to acquire my happy pills. my mother is currently a very long way away (5 hours) in the hospital and my parents have no money to help me out anyway. so with the stretching out i can feel the zoloft begin to not work as well. i'm getting freaked out more easily, crying, and yesterday i almost gave myself a panic attack several times. i think it's just a matter of time before my brain just says "FUCK YOU" and spazzes out completely.

anyway, dust is freaking me out. like, the dust in the air that you can't see. my rational brain knows that i should not be scared of dust since i've been breathing it in all my life and i'm fine but the rest of my brain says "ahhhh gross that's so dirty germs germs germs". i did not have strange obsessions with germs before zoloft, though i did have a few compulsions (skin picking, repeatitive movements, making sure doors are closed), and words that i would repeat over and over again in my head even though i didn't want to.

auuugh i'm such a basketcase. does this sound similiar to anyone else's experience with ocd?

Might want to see if there is a free clinic near you that might be able to provide "samples" that could get you through. (Don't know from any experience, just a thought.) Also may want to contact Zoloft manufacturer to see if they have any "programs" for reducing costs. Some pharma companies are doing this now to ward off some of the complaints about high med prices. Again, just a thought.

I know little personally about OCD.

Also may want to contact Zoloft manufacturer to see if they have any "programs" for reducing costs. Some pharma companies are doing this now to ward off some of the complaints about high med prices. Again, just a thought.

I know little personally about OCD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Zoloft

Pfizer Inc.

Connection to Care

PO Box 66585

St. Louis, MO 63166-6585

800/707-8990

Also look here.  Needy Meds

Hey,

If you have a p-doc, call them asap.  You also can always go to the emergency room for a psych evaluation.  Not fun.  But it is a way to get help and meds - asap!  If you are just experiencing anxiety, they will not admit you to the hospital - don't worry!  They'll only do that if you're homicidal or suicidal or dangerously psychotic and you don't sound that way... you just sound a little panicked and in need of your meds.

so, i have never been diagnosed as ocd or any variant of it. but i'm beginning to wonder. i am gad/mdd but who knows, really.

i have run out of zoloft. i've been trying to stretch it out over the past week by taking a pill every other day, because i have no insurance and no money and no way to acquire my happy pills. my mother is currently a very long way away (5 hours) in the hospital and my parents have no money to help me out anyway. so with the stretching out i can feel the zoloft begin to not work as well. i'm getting freaked out more easily, crying, and yesterday i almost gave myself a panic attack several times. i think it's just a matter of time before my brain just says "FUCK YOU" and spazzes out completely.

anyway, dust is freaking me out. like, the dust in the air that you can't see. my rational brain knows that i should not be scared of dust since i've been breathing it in all my life and i'm fine but the rest of my brain says "ahhhh gross that's so dirty germs germs germs". i did not have strange obsessions with germs before zoloft, though i did have a few compulsions (skin picking, repeatitive movements, making sure doors are closed), and words that i would repeat over and over again in my head even though i didn't want to.

auuugh i'm such a basketcase. does this sound similiar to anyone else's experience with ocd?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is in addition to my other response.  Yes, your experiences resonate well with my OCD.  My rational brain often knows there's nothing to worry about but I still panic.  It's interesting that you never experienced that until you started taking Zoloft... might be something to consider.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived