CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
sonicwhite

All I want to do is stay in bed

This sux. I tried not taking my klonopin...It doesn't help. I tried to tell my pdoc that I wanted on a new AD but, he said later. Now I'm just sitting in bed and can't seem to get out of this slump...I think of all the negative things that I can..How long I've dealt with this crappy mood disorder and really at my wits end because I seen no future in all this....I just can't seem to be happy....I wake up in dread and just it's awful.

I am so sorry, Sonic. I know how much that can suck. My vote is that you try your pdoc again and tell him that you are nonfunctional and can't get out of bed. If he doesn't do something, find a new pdoc.

I hope you feel better soon.

Edited by bluechick

It does suck. That's a terrible place to be, I understand. Does your pdoc know how bad you're feeling? I agree with bluechick, if he won't help you, find someone who will.

I have never really been this depressed forno known reason. When my depression I had in 08 it was because I was obseesing about themes and the anxiety was what was causing all my depression. Now that I am recovering from that I always have to ask why? Like it really matters why I have depression.....I see him next thursday so I'm going to bring up the idea that I need to be put on a new AD.....Either that or I'm going to start self medicate because this crap sux.

Tell him that you're considering self-medicating.  Hopefully that will light a fire under his ass.  It makes me mad when pdocs won't take their patients' needs seriously.

Self medicating does sound good. I have all these responsobilties and now I just want to forget my faith...Stop doing what the doc ask's and go on about my way. The error would prolly be that I would make things alot worse but, who wants to live like this all the time. And the only time you get joy is when your about to go to bed...

I've been there, and I've come out of it.  So will you. 

The trick depression plays on you, is that is says it will last forever.  However, that is impossible with all the drugs and medicine coming out today.

One thing I started doing that helped me leaps and bounds was mood journal.  I use patients like us.  But I think it is helpful for people with OCD/anxiety.   You probably havent been down and out as long as you think.  Mark the good time and bads, then when you feel bad again, go back to the mood journal and see it hasnt always been bad.  This will give you a lift.

Edited by Derek

Sorry Sonic:( Sounds awful and I relate...I could live in my bed its so warm safe and cozy. I hav bad days that turn into weeks and months now. Every once in a while i get a not so bad day, and i move deliberately trying to keep out of bed....i clean the pantry, little laundry...anything to get some exercise and not allow myself to go back to bed..at least not til after i get some work done.

I hope ur dr switches u to a different med. Is there another one u could go to maybe? I heard of some bad ones here, but i found one i really like who tries to work with me, not just push crap big pharma pays her to push.