CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
sonicwhite

Jessica's Lunsford!

I remain a true supporter of Mark Lunsford and his persuit to make laws more stricter on pedo's....What she endure for no reason but, of a man's evil lust. IDK where he went. He died in 09 of anal cancer and only God can judge.......The hardest thing to deal with I think is this.....If I was a parent I would feel like doing the same thing he is doing.....Jessica's Law...is a wonderful thing and to tighten the grips of the law and the people who commit acts like this or other acts...It tears me up when I hear on the news that a little girl has been repeatily raped in a home by her father....and, just now gets caught. I pray for them that God can change there hearts and not lead them into this evil temptaion......

Edited by sonicwhite

Incest is evil. I wish it didn't happen. And I wish that survivors were so much more accepted and supported.

Frankly, Mark Lunsford used the tragedy of his daughter's abduction, rape, and murder to become (in)famous.

I am pleased that there was closure in her murder. However, Mark Lunsford remains both controversial and abhorred.

How, HOW can you be supportive and condone his acts of criminal exploitation?

I don't believe he did it to be famous and frankly....If you had a daughter that was repeatiy raped and stuffed in a BAG AND TOLD YOUR GOING HOME and, then buried alive....I would do all I can to stop this from happeing. Really I see the intentions of the heart....You feel the same way about guy who does the saturday night show about finding crimals. I think it's apalling that you feel twisted about somebodies feeling towards there daughter being murder and doing something rightous about it...Ya he may of gained fame and started a Law after his daughter. Who cares about how loud he made his voice and, focus on the many woman children who have had these acts of evil put away and for a long time....I am to pleased with the closer of the case and I am so happy that she is resting in peace. But, I don't think he is doing it for himself. I think he's doing it for his daughter....When big things like that shake us....we start to realize that love is the answer and we do something about it.

Oh...my...love is the answer.

Sonicwhite, your posts confuse me to the point of exasperation. You resort to such trivialization as "love is the answer" when all around us people are engaging in horrific acts of violence in the "love is the answer".

You believe whatever it is you so desire. I prefer to understand and base my opinions on fact.

I thought he was a good guy?  He has received honors, and got that law passed in Fla.

It takes a lot of work to get state legislation passed.

The article below is from a web site called The Surviving Parents Coalition.

What did he do that is so heinous?

MARK LUNSFORD

pic-lunsford.jpg
Mark Lunsford holding a picture of his daughter, Jessica.

Mark Lunsford arrived home on the morning of February 23, 2005 to find his daughterJessie's alarm ringing and Jessie nowhere to be found. She was usually up to give him a hug and tell him how much she loved him. Mark is a single Dad who was living with his parents; he had raised 9-year-old Jessie since she was one year old. That alarm set off a nationwide manhunt and in the media firestorm, Jessie became know as "the girl in the pink hat." Jessie's remains were found 23 days later, 150 yards from her home. She had been raped and buried alive. The man responsible, John Couey, was a registered sex offender who had slipped through the cracks of the system.

Lunsford's fight is fueled by his love for his daughter who always told him nothing would ever come between them. He works constantly on behalf of children and has become a nationally recognized spokesman for tougher, smarter laws regarding child predators/offenders. To date, Mark has advocated for the passing of The Jessica Lunsford Act in 42 states and his mission is to pass it in all 50 states. To further his fight he met privately with Alberto Gonzales, United States Attorney General, on April 19, 2007; inspiring Gonzalez to make protecting children a priority.

Lunsford has advocated for the Adam Walsh Act and continues to lobby for its reauthorization and funding for this federal bill, so that the U.S. Marshals Service can track the absconded predators/offenders.

Lunsford is a weapon against those who prey on children 12 and under. He has worked with the U.S. Marshals Service tracking down absconded sexual predators/offenders. Lunsford supports child advocate centers, which are responsible for building cases against sexual predators/offenders.

Lunsford was a 2005 winner of the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Award; it was awarded to him at the 2006 Jefferson Award Ceremony in Washington, D.C. The award recognizes outstanding public service and is the highest honor available to local Jefferson Award recipients.

In 2007, John Couey was convicted and sentenced to death.

I'm biting my tongue a lot here.

But what in the world does this topic have to do with employment?

If you need to bite your tongue, why'd you drag up a month-old post?

...just wondering.

It was at the top of the list of posts for me. So what exactly does that have to do with me needing to bite my tongue?

Your post makes no sense. And I'm not in the mood to be insulted and fucked with right now. ...just saying.

Edited by Wonderful.Cheese

It was at the top of the list of posts for me. So what exactly does that have to do with me needing to bite my tongue?

Your post makes no sense. And I'm not in the mood to be insulted and fucked with right now. ...just saying.

Try checking post dates next time.  It's not always helpful to be dragging up weeks-old posts.

And fwiw I wasn't fucking with or insulting you, if you want to take that tone from me that's fine by me, your perception is what counts to you.