CrazyBoards.org

After several years of vascillating between the depths of hell and the very edge, the depression is "officially" in remission (according to P-doc AND T-doc AND me) and has been for over two months.  I have a box full of tools to help me which includes (finally) a med combo that works.

You guys have also been most amazingly awesome.

Thank you.

N.N. 

Guest Vapourware

Great to hear! I think your story is also inspiring - it shows that yes, depression can be overcome with the right help and perseverance. There is hope out there!

Absolutely.

Meds are 225 mg Effexor in the a.m., 100 mg Seroquel at night.

Tools:

- an awesome P-doc and T-doc (it took years to find them)

- cognitive therapy

- meditation

- dealing with my PTSD (after being wrongly diagnosed as borderline)

- crazy boards support (even just reading responses to others' posts is helpful)

- artwork

- writing (both therapeutic and non-therapy based poetry)

- giving up a deeply entrenched eating disorder (25 years)

- giving up alcohol as a coping mechanism (I have an occasional glass of wine when we go out).  I used SMART recovery as a tool for about 2 years.

- learning  how to take care of myself in a gentle way (meditation has helped me learn to do this - for example, recognizing that the negative "talk" in my head is just that...)

- learning to feel my emotions and recognizing that the emotions will not destroy me.

In the last words spoken to me by the BAD t-doc a year ago:  "it looks as if  you're going to make up your own program".  So, with the help of awesome T-doc...I did.

I think I will be more able to recognize the early stages of depression if it begins to rear it's ugly head and I know what I need to do if that happens...

N.N.

Archived