CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
sherylbobbins

Chest pain associated with a cocktail of meds and withdrawal

Geodon is known to have heart effects.  It's in the PI sheet, which there is a link to in the AP forum.  Which is where I am going to move this topic to so you can hopefully get some better replies.

Which should be along the lines of: get a doctor who knows wtf he's doing.  Your heart should be checked out imo.

I get chest pains from seroquel. How long ago was a month when you stopped? A few days ago or the beginning of February? I get a sharp, throbbing, achy pain that gets worse if I need to get upstairs or if I am going to the bathroom and then try to climb back into bed. I get out of breath, exhausted and sometimes I get a little dizzy. :(

I also had a  similar problem on Geodon.

Geodon is definitely known to cause cardiac side effects.   I've got a functional heart murmur as it is, and the Geodon really didn't do me any favors in that department - I would get some twinges of pain but nothing as persistent as your current situation.  I get a 404 when I try to pull the full prescribing info on their website, but I do remember it being capable of causing increased heart rate, prolonged intervals in the heart's cycle, etc.  Lithium also can cause some cardiac issues - irregular heartbeats and can unmask a genetic disorder that can cause abnormal EKGs, etc.  (Have seen it before, but I looked it up again, current source: http://www.drugs.com/pro/lithium.html)   It's always a possibility that the two may just not want to play well together for you, or it could be withdrawals, or even anxiety.  

I would REALLY suggest finding another doctor and getting a second opinion.  If the EKGs keep coming back normal and everything else checks out, it could just be a withdrawal issue or possibly anxiety-related, but with any kind of cardiac issues it's always better to be safe and find out after a thorough workup that it WAS just something like that. 

The obvious disclaimer here is that I'm not a doctor or a pharmacist, so take it all with a grain of salt, but I'd still say you're safer getting a second opinion on this.