CrazyBoards.org

klonopin is my anti psychotic

IS there anybody here who only has psychotic features when your anxiety is going thru the roof. Weed makes my anxiety bad and thats why I don't smoke it and thats the reason it make me psychotic. I know when I was off my pills and my anxiety was shooting thru the roof. I would have litl episodes of psychosis when my anxiety would spike. Now I'm not changing my doc's dx but since I am the only one in my body and I notice I take a benzo my psychotic symptoms subside. I just want to know is there anybody else here that gets psychotic when anxiety rises and when taken a benzo you feel better?

I have been so whacked out with PTSD symptoms (which is an anxiety disorder) that I have definitely appeared to have psychotic symptoms.

Slurroquel was a godsend for me in those situations.

I have taken to calling Klonipin "old reliable." It helps me with my anxiety and depression.  It can cause extreme drowsiness at higher dosages and tell your doctor immediately if that happens. Depending on how it affects you, some doctors will suggest taking it throughout the day. I know when I have gone off of it for a few days because the script expired (I hate that about controlled substances) I felt terrible and wanted to leap out of my skin and couldn't sleep.

Some advice from someone who has had bad experiences with pdocs: If you're thinking about going off a drug and don't know what to say to the pdoc, talk to a councilor. It is still your choice and sometimes it helps to talk to someone who is a good listener with an understanding of mental disorders. I hope this helps and good luck.

hey sonic white. I definitely used klonopin as my anti-psychotic before I took antipsychotics. Now I'm on risperdal and it's totally helping my psychosis.

I feel mildly to moderately psychotic when I have anxiety and the klonopin helps. I try not to take too much since it's a controlled substance.

dx: bipolar NOS, schizotypal personality disorder, c-ptsd, GAD

meds: risperdal 3mg, klonopin 2mg PRN, lamictal 50mg (soon to be 100mg)

Edited by puddle of fire

Ya I am on risperdal too. I decided to take the full 12 mg's and it has helped alot with the magical thinking......I just try not to worry anymore. To be still and quite. Cuz honestly my main problem is I'm a worry wart. So if I was ever wanting to get off klonopin, it will take alot of work to do so.