CrazyBoards.org

Pristiq side effects. Please provide your experience

Hello,

I'm on my second week of taking 50mg of Pristiq and for some reason the side effects have kicked in hardcore now that I started my second week. Everything from being nauseous, to being light headed, to just not feeling like I'm in the moment. Should I give it more time? How much time did you give it? I see my doctor this Friday.

I took Pristiq for several months and it made me feel very disconnected...horrible feeling. It did not get better over time, and it also did not help with my depression, so I went off it. I was seeing a general practitioner at the time. When I finally got an actual pdoc, she told me that she very rarely prescribes Pristiq because the dosages are so inflexible (can't cut the pills) so you can only take 50 mg or 100 mg. This doesn't give the pdoc much flexibility in getting you the right dose. Just food for thought. Good luck with your doctor on Friday.

I've been on Pristiq for a couple of weeks.  I had stomach cramping and dizziness which could have been from the Pristiq or withdrawal from Cymbalta.  Both have settled now that I'm starting my 3rd week. 

Hey there,

Those side effects are pretty normal for antidepressants in the beginning, however you should give a med 4 weeks to see if it does anything for you. I was on Pristiq for 4 weeks, it just didn't work for me. However, there is a great Pristiq thread on this site, search for "Pristiq guinea pig" and you will see it. It helped get me through those first couple weeks. A lot of people tend to turn the corner after 3 weeks on Pristiq it seems.

Hope it works out for you! If it doesn't after 4 weeks, it might be time to speak with your doc. Good Luck!