CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
TOT

The only one that wants a me box?

You're definitely not the only one. I love dark, enclosed spaces when I feel overwhelmed. 

a walkthrough video of how to make a toy box, but it kind of shows the process and you can alter the dimensions as needed.

I put tablecloths on the table (or towels, or sheets) and then go under the table. It's like a fort.

Sometimes I hide in the closet.

A fort!  A blanket fort!  I used to love those things.  I taught my kids how to make them and we'd all sit under them and have snacks.

I didn't even think about forts. I used to put up a tent--like the real, outdoorsy kind--in the house and hide in it.

When I get a casket, it is going to be comfy.  I will not spend my days and nights being dead and uncomfortable.  

Guest Vapourware

When I get a casket, it is going to be comfy.  I will not spend my days and nights being dead and uncomfortable.  

coffiniphone.jpg

You're definitely not the only one who wants to be able to shut the world away for a while, although I tend to just curl up in a ball with the covers and cry since I'm a little claustrophobic.  (I did not think of the blanket fort idea until someone mentioned it here, and I may use that idea, because it's warm and comforting and easy to put up and take down, so thank y'all for that!)

This may sound strange, but have you considered looking at the plans for a doghouse for a larger dog?  They would be pretty small, but they would probably be provided with some semblance of a formula for how to scale it up for a bigger dog.  It's not exactly a box, but it could be built to be roomy, it would have some allowance somewhere for ventilation, and it wouldn't be hard to fit it with an unlatched door.  Or maybe the plans for a smaller children's playhouse?  While I was growing up, my neighbor's parents built him one and it was easy to shut the door and get away from the world.  I'd imagine there would be some designs for either that didn't have a peaked roof, so they'd be capable of being boxes that are already designed to have some ventilation and wiggle room.   (Hopefully, that doesn't come across the wrong way - was just thinking that they'd be structurally sound enough to safely have someone inside with room to breathe and also be fairly customizable.)

When I was in elementary school I cleaned out my whole closet and put books, blankets, and stuffed animals in there. I would go hide when I felt sad or unsafe.

That alien pod coffin is frigging gorgeous! (Never thought I'd hear myself say something like that about a coffin)

Does it have to be wood? If not, what about a very large dog crate, with padding inside and covered with fabric? Hang quilted fabric inside so you have soft sides?

Petco also sells wooden ones with slatted walls. You could get a staple gun and tack up some blankets on the inside so that the walls weren't see-through.

And I found this set of plans for a homemade dog crate/end table. You could modify them to suit your needs. You wouldn't have to put slats in the sides if you didn't want to, although...you will have to breathe somehow...