Jump to content

Broke and need Cymbalta assistance but have high deductible insurance

Recommended Posts

I pay $200/month for BCBS PPO insurance with a $500 pharmacy deductible and $5,000 treatment deductible. After the $500 pharmacy is met I still have to pay $40x2 for a months worth of Cymbalta. But I cannot work due to my nerve pain and am running out of money. I looked at Lilly Assist but since I have private insurance, I wouldn't meet the requirements. Also, my pain does not "show up" on any tests it is called central sensitization and I think it's hard to get unemployment in these cases. Do I have any other options? Can I just make up a white lie and say I don't have insurance, would they even know? Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have run across some pharamceutical companies that say if you have insurance but are low income, you can still apply for their assistance program. It might be worth a shot to call up Lilly Assist and see what they say!


I feel ya on the high deducitble...ours isn't that high but it's up there. Makes things difficult.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, welcome to CB. I have the same problem. I have insurance that tiers Cymbalta so that the copay is more than $100USD/month. It is a very good med for me both on the antidepressant front and for chronic pain. I am beginning the weaning process as I cannot afford that copay along with other meds.


I do not qualify for Lily Assist, damn it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...