CrazyBoards.org

How do you get Valium or Xanex?

I can't seem to get anyone to perscribe that stuff to me, because everyone says it's addictive. Thing is, nothing else is strong enough. I am always freaking out. Always. Even on Klonopin the entire world is crashing down on me. It's constant fear and paranoia. I can never calm down or chill out or relax. Everyone hates me because they don't return my phone calls or emails. I lose my grip on  reality because I get lost and have no idea where I am. It all melts alway. Everyone vanishes. Nobody can see me or hear me. People ignore me. I become invisible. I dwindle away to nothing. The world falls apart. I am shaking and collapsing. The world is falling and breaking. I need help. The shit is exploding and I am no longer in control. People are out to destroy me. The end is coming. My death is near. I am death itself. What the fuck? The thoughts are a plague disease.

I actually convinced my GP to write me a perscription based on the Pdoc having perscribed it once. It took me 5 months to go through a months allocation. Between that and my on going talk therapy I guess he felt I was an OK risk. I worried about being able to obtain it too. Xanax is the only thing that will help me avoid a complete and total melt down panic attack once it has started

I can't seem to get anyone to perscribe that stuff to me, because everyone says it's addictive.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My argument to my pdoc is so what if it's addiciting.  If it helps and if I have to be on it the rest of my life, who cares!  People take HBP or heart medicine for life and no one tells them it's addicting.  Anxiety/PD is a disease and should be treated with the medications that are available to do it.

I currently take .50 mg of lorazepam (ativan) 3x a day as needed.  Some days I don't need 3 and somedays I do.  I've been on Xanax, buspar (horrible), and even valium but I think the lorazepam works well for me without much sedation.

I also take Wellbutrin, Lexapro and Topamax.

Try talking to your doc again and see if he/she will prescribe them.  Anytime I've ever had to switch docs and that hasn't been too often, I just tell them that I've been taking this medicine for xx number of years and they always prescribe it for me.

I've been on some type of benzo for close to 15 years now.  Good luck to you!

Go see another pdoc.

I dont find it hard to get valium from my pdoc and Im not that nuts really. How are you taking Klonopin? Maybe you can change the way you take it... a little everyday instead of when you feel stressed...(i though klonopin was stronger than valium anyway). If you feel so terrible make sure your doc knows. If he/she wont prescribe you any maybe valium/xanax isn't what you need......you can always get a second opinion though.

Maybe I have too much faith in my pdoc

Ive been taking valium on and off for over three years. I have never been addicted to it and frankly i hate it. Its yukky and only redeems itself when im really rather nuts and desparately in need of something. Yes its good sometimes... but I avoid it cause i dont like feeling sleepy, dehyrdated, and i cant see properly cause I have lazy eyes and it makes them worse and i look like a freak

so my point is i haven't found it adictive at all

although my pdoc said it is... and so do so many other people...

any-hoo if your persistent someone will give it to you... go to the dentist and pretend you have lock jaw... but maybe its not what you need.... or maybe it is...

maybe i'll post you mine....... but then that is quite irresponsible of me  ;)

. Even on Klonopin the entire world is crashing down on me.

Klonopin is the strongest benzo out there, I agree with discoverant. But you should try taking it in half pill doses throughout the day.

I have taken klonopin for years now. I go up and down on my daily amount, but mostly I take it daily. It works for me. But you have to do other things too.

First: Take half pill doses every 3-4 hours. even if you aren't freaking out, this will help. If you get sleepy, you are taking too much. In a major melt down, take a whole. Taking half pill doses not only helps with the anxiety, it also makes it easier to come off of. Stopping a half is easier than stopping a whole.

Two .05 valium = 1 .05 klonopin.

Second: You need to find some other outlets for your anxiety. Maybe some exercise, maybe some meditation. Both have really helped me. And also there is a book called "the Four Agreements." (Don Miguel Ruiz) One of the agreements is that you should never take anything personally. I see by your post you are taking everything personally.

I am well aware that klonopin is additive. I have come off too fast and it was no fun. But the fact remains - if you need something, you need something.

Either get a new p-doc, or try some other methods to add to your klonopin, cut it back a bit, and see if that helps.

God, I know where you are, I have SO been there.

Breeze

Go see another pdoc.

I dont find it hard to get valium from my pdoc and Im not that nuts really.

i haven't found it adictive at all

ditto, ditto, ditto.

and i'm partial to valium (though xanax does kick in fastest) and tapering nicely (thanks in large part to great therapy, but i could never have gotten there without benzos.)

doctors really vary on how benzophobic they are. my best wishes on finding the right doc, benzo, and dosage.

aloha.

email removed per rules by MaddyI feel like I can totally relate to your experienses.  Would you mind telling me who your dr. is?  I've been trying to self medicate for years now with little progress. The only thing I think is happening is that I'm becoming an achololic.  I'd like to persue other outlets now, but maybe I'm embarassed.  Is there any why to descreetly seek other advise?

J?

Klonopin is the strongest benzo out there, I agree with discoverant. But you should try taking it in half pill doses throughout the day.

I have taken klonopin for years now. I go up and down on my daily amount, but mostly I take it daily. It works for me. But you have to do other things too.

First: Take half pill doses every 3-4 hours. even if you aren't freaking out, this will help. If you get sleepy, you are taking too much. In a major melt down, take a whole. Taking half pill doses not only helps with the anxiety, it also makes it easier to come off of. Stopping a half is easier than stopping a whole.

Second: You need to find some other outlets for your anxiety. Maybe some exercise, maybe some meditation. Both have really helped me. And also there is a book called "the Four Agreements." (Don Miguel Ruiz) One of the agreements is that you should never take anything personally. I see by your post you are taking everything personally.

I am well aware that klonopin is additive. I have come off too fast and it was no fun. But the fact remains - if you need something, you need something.

Either get a new p-doc, or try some other methods to add to your klonopin, cut it back a bit, and see if that helps.

Breeze

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest FrannyNZooey

Breeze

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest FrannyNZooey

JUst so agree Breeze Love the Book and you said it Beautifully I have been given pre surgery after for cancer true unbelievable pain we must let go we must manage, or there will never be enough

I been there and back as Breeze stated Don't over fuel

Love, Aly

However:

The only thing I think is happening is that I'm becoming an achololic.

This isn't good. And you need to seek help soon. I did the same thing. It works for awhile, but it tends to have the boomerang effect. You don't "feel it" then it comes back with a vengeance.

Cerberus is right and I hope you are not intimidated into not registering because of our rules. You will find most people here very open about their experiences. That is what is so great about the site. You aren't paying some "white coat" to smile and tell you things. You are getting real life, from the heart, advice.'

We have all been somewhere in the MI spectrum, otherwise we wouldn't be here. And there are a lot of us.

Breeze

Archived