CrazyBoards.org

all my hallucinations just "flash" really quickly

I don't understand why I'm seeing these things but not hearing anything. I always heard visual hallucinations are usually caused by neurological problems and stuff, I don't know if it's true or not. But when I've hallucinated the past several days it's just been a flash of something, like a person, and then it disappears. Like, it happens when my thoughts are jumbled and fast and so the things I see are fast also. Is that common? Man I'm not thinking clearly now. I keep going from having no emotion to irritating the hell out of whoever I'm talking to. Oh and when I was manic-ish today my head felt like it was buzzing/vibrating.

Edited by Dusk

I have visual hallucinations that flash. A person, an abstract figure, a demonic figure on a child's television show, a weird face on my friend, bugs where bugs weren't before, etc. I have never heard that visual hallucinations are usually caused by neurological problems, but I'm no neurologist.

My visuals appear out of nowhere and stay for anything between a couple of seconds to a couple of minutes then  disappear again. I'd say they were there about as much as my voices, but they are usually separate. I've never been diagnosed with anything neurological. I think all my hallucinations are more likely to be psychosis because my meds seem to reduce them all. Sleep deprivation and stress are definitely triggers though.

My hallucinations are often just flashes too, like someone's face will look like a demon face, or I'll see bugs crawling out of the corner of my eye. 

I don't believe mine are neurological, cause antipsychotics reduce it. 

Sorry you're struggling with this, Dusk. 

Mine are flashes too, corner of my eye. I get them a lot while I'm driving, I don't know why. It used to freak me out, but now it's just normal and I ignore it. The ones that aren't flashes and are there for a long time are much harder to ignore. Thank goodness it's been years since I had them.

Mine are mostly lights or "finger shadows" (that's the best way I can describe it). If things are really bad, auditory hallucinations, and if things are really really bad I've seen people/bugs/etc. For example, I once was sitting in the living room and heard a "hey". I turned and there was a shadow-man thing standing in my laundry room.