CrazyBoards.org

introductions! fun!

hello everyone!

i'm assailya, and i'm totally new! (yay!)

i guess i don't really know what to say about myself but, i'm here because i have struggled with dysthymia for as long as i can remember and recently i have made the decision to really combat it with medication and cognitive therapy.

i'm 22, a college student, and i play roller derby. i also like to read books and hold television marathon and play settlers of catan (and other amazing strategy games.) my boyfriend lives with me, and he is super sweet and supportive.

i found this through the Marbles resource list. (its a sweet graphic novel if you haven't read it. i love graphic novels, especially those about mental illness. they really help me cope!)

i guess that's all? i don't know what else to say! so, hello! (and if you have any other questions, please ask away!)

Welcome aboard!

I'm curious, what is the "Marbles resource list"?  I did a google search for it and found only pages about actual marbles.

I would be totally interested in some M.I. graphic novels.  Any you can suggest?

Anyway, welcome.  This is truly a great place.  Not too soft, not too hard.  Just right.  Some of us are a little rough around the edges but we all mean well.  I hope you find this place as supportive as the rest of us do.

Welcome to Crazyboards.

Please be sure to read the user agreement if you haven't done so already.  It will give you an idea of how we operate.

I'm glad you found us, and I hope you like hanging out here.

olga

Welcome aboard!

I'm curious, what is the "Marbles resource list"?  I did a google search for it and found only pages about actual marbles.

I would be totally interested in some M.I. graphic novels.  Any you can suggest?

Anyway, welcome.  This is truly a great place.  Not too soft, not too hard.  Just right.  Some of us are a little rough around the edges but we all mean well.  I hope you find this place as supportive as the rest of us do.

http://marblesbyellenforney.com/

I just read Marbles recently and I really liked it.

I also like Alison Bechdel's stuff "Fun Home" and "Are You My Mother". I know I've read a few more but I can't remember them off of the top of my head right now.

:)