CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
fingbtch

I won't quit my job, I won't quit my my job...

We all know that making decisions while in a mood state leads to no good and it gets repeated over and over by anyone who knows anything about bipolar or bipolar II not to do so. But what about when you are in that mood state and making that decision seems like a really good idea? It doesn't matter how many times I tell myself not to do so, I still make big decisions while in a hypomanic or depressed state and always come to my senses later and realize what a stupid, stupid decision I made. I'm struggling today. I'm really depressed and I know that's where I am and I know that it is affecting my decision making ability and yet I'm sitting here thinking about how easy it would be to walk over to my boss and tell him I f-ing quit. I just want to go home curl up in a ball and cry for a couple of hours and my job is preventing me from doing that and so I feel like it would be worth it to just walk away. 

I just needed to vent. I just need to know that other people go through this too. I need to not feel like I am an idiot for feeling like I am unable to control my actions sometimes. 

I'm not going to quit my job. I'm not going to quit my job. I'm not going to quit my job. Maybe if I keep repeating that all day I won't quit my job. Maybe I won't burst into tears or yell at anyone or throw anything or get fired. 

What are you doing for medication?  You need some treatment.  I think an adjustment 

in your meds could help you a lot.  Go talk to your doctor.

That's a horrible way to feel, fingbtch, and I remember it well.  I did go home sick the maximum amount allowable.  That didn't help the problem long term.

Quitting your job might make some things temporarily more bearable.  It will make a lot of other things very much worse very soon.  Which you know.  I hope you can see your doctor ASAP so you can get help to feel better than this.

I have been feeling like this for MONTHS. i am at my wits end right now with my job. Its soooooooooooo stressful. I came close to gathering my things and walking out never to return yesterday. I called out the other day to look for another job. I can't do it anymore!!!

Edited by Confetti

Quitting your job might make some things temporarily more bearable.  It will make a lot of other things very much worse very soon.

^ This. Solid advice. I can't really chime in because I have had more than 20 jobs and quit every one of them, but I always regret it. Reminds me of a quote from Carrie Fisher. "The world of manic depression is a world of bad judgment calls." Boy, I can certainly relate to THAT.

Edited by Blake

Yeah, the only job I quit while deeply fucked up I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO regretted it, later.

Anna

Note: I don't miss the f'n job it sucked, I just regret all the fallout that happened later.

I know that exact feeling. You're depressed and stressed and an emotional MESS and being at work is making things worse and you want to just get up and quit and walk out. It always sounds appealing.

But then after a few days you're like "shit where am I going to get an income?"

So unless you have something else lined up first, I'd advise against making that decision to quit. A better option, would be to see if your workplace has any kind of FMLA or temporary disability that you could go on, to take some medical time off and get treatment.