CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteFemale

Sex without kissing.

I saw this somewhere else and most people were appalled that people had sex without kissing the person.

I myself have done it. So I can relate. I was wondering if it would be more common in MI. Just a curiosity. 

I thought maybe people with Mi might have more intimacy issues. it is my experience that people with mi have often experienced trauma. just part of one reason.

I would disagree that most people with MI have experienced trauma. MI has been most commonly linked to genetic causes. Of course certain types like PTSD are caused by trauma but I wouldn't say that of MI as a whole.

Anyway, I have had no trauma and I like intimacy in sex.

The only time we have sex without kissing is if one of us has a cold.

I don't think I've had sex without kissing, though often I would have preferred it.  I've never been a big fan of kissing; it just feels strange, sort of foreign.  I have experienced trauma, so maybe it's related.

heh.. my husband and i both wear dentures (he has a partial on top, i have the whole deal).  if we're in bed and one or both of us is not wearing them, i will NOT kiss him, but we can have sex.  kissing with no teeth just grosses me out :D.

This http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070830121629.htm article may be of interest...

According to the researchers, not only do females place more emphasis on
kissing, but most would never engage in sex without kissing.  Females
were more likely than males to insist on kissing before a sexual
encounter, and more likely to emphasize the importance of kissing during
and after sexual encounters as well. By comparison, males said they
would be happy to have sex without kissing, and far more males than
females expressed a willingness to have sex with someone who was not a
"good" kisser.

I do not necessarily "require" kissing to enjoy sexual intercourse. Rather, I like tenderness and a great deal of physical contact that does not always, nor necessarily requires nor insists on kissing.

Frankly, kissing is highly overrating, especially in our society (USA) that grew up in the fairytales of kissing before cuddling and the necessity of the swoon after the kiss and before intercourse.

My non-MI SO adores kissing. He would be content to make out for hours. I just get mentally bored and wander away, plus, it chaps my lips!

I prefer tactile things like back rubs, head rubs, tummy rubs (yes, like a small house pet) and cuddles and snuggles. I don't think that this is linked to trauma, as I've been a huge pushover for back rubs since I was a toddler.

It seems that I misspoke. I love the tactile enchantment of kissing and am married to a man who kisses with great panache. I admit to having honed in on the topic title and that was my whole focus.

I reiterate that great sex does not necessarily require kissing, and that exceptional kissing does not always lead to sexual intercourse...

I'm not a big fan of kissing, dunno why.  Although my SO and I do kiss during sex, I don't really find it necessary to turn me on.  Don't get me wrong, there are times that it is really nice, but overall, meh.  Probably b/c I have intimacy issues.  Hmmmm.

I can't imagine not kissing before/during sex. I feel like that would be awkward. I mean, certainly there are other ways to initiate it without kissing, but I don't know. Is this just like, direct kissing on the mouth, or like NO kissing whatsoever. No neck kissing, etc. . . 

I've been with the same man for going on nine years here, and he's the only one I've ever had any sexual experience with and we both like kissing, so maybe that's why I'd feel it would be so awkward without it? I've never tried it. I bet if I said we should try it, neither of us could do it, just the habit and everything.

If you don't like it, don't do it obviously. I like it myself, that's all. 

I thought about this the other day. I realized that I don't really like kissing (on the lips) during sex but do like neck kissing during. Beforehand is a little different, I like kissing then but not much. Hubby and I used to be big kissers but that has declined over time. It was just mainly when we first were dating. I guess we got comfortable with each other. Part of me worries that it means we have gotten a little less connected over the years but I don't think so.

The only time we have sex without kissing is if one of us has a cold.

i forgot to add i would exclude couples

i was talking more on a friends with benefits

one night stands

kind of point of view

I am living proof that not all people with Asperger's hate kissing. It's one of my favourite things to do, andI absolutely require it during sex, at least these days. In a previous life, I engaged in a lot of casual sex, and in those cases, I actually preferred NOT kissing (too intimate), but these days I can't bring myself to have sex with someone to whom I've no attachment, so now the kissing is mandatory.

I can deal with a little kissing but really I get a smothered kind of panic when I do it for more than a few seconds. I can do it in short bursts. I don't know if this is trauma related or not. It kind of makes me sad because I know my husband likes it. :(

I kiss my boyfriend all the time. sometimes we lay in bed for hours, cuddling, kissing, sleeping, watching tv, kissing more. i love kissing him. i just hate when he sticks his tongue out and licks me. he thinks it's funny but it's kind of annoying. -___- lol but i lovehate it. because it's him doing it.

For me sex and kissing have always been in different realms of intimacy. I didn't kiss during sex in the majority of my initial sexual experiences, would usually tuck my head in somewhere to avoid any unnecessary bonding. If I truly like the girl I kiss.

Well, maybe it's just me but I don't get why you'd have sex with someone that you wouldn't kiss. If I don't like someone well enough to kiss them then I most certainly wouldn't have sex with them.

Well, maybe it's just me but I don't get why you'd have sex with someone that you wouldn't kiss. If I don't like someone well enough to kiss them then I most certainly wouldn't have sex with them.

Commitment issues is a big one. Also in my age bracket a lot of people have sex just for the fun of it, not for emotional bonding.

I like kissing, sometimes even more than sex, and I like it right before, during, and even after sex. I wish my girlfriend were up for random make-out sessions, but if I kiss her anything more than a peck on the lips it turns her on and she wants more things to happen, and usually we're busy so its not an opportune time.