CrazyBoards.org

Pdoc wants me returning to work next week. Apprehensive

The thought with my pdoc has been to stay off work and file for
SSDI. I am scheduled to return to work next week and only have 1
additional week of FMLA left. I dont want to go because I am sure I will
fail after a few weeks. 

The thing is, if he wont support my SSDI application I really need
to try work again as there are no other jobs in my area in my field.

I am so apprehensive, not sure which way to go.

I am failing horribly at work and am on  probation. If I go back
and then get fired I lose my short and long term disability and would
only have SSDI when approved. I am just not willing to take that chance.

Edited by Savannah

The thing is, if he wont support my SSDI application I really need

to try work again as there are no other jobs in my area in my field.

Is this the same Pdoc that assured you that you would receive disability without any problem and/or effort? Is so, WTF?

Work is absolutely a four-letter word. However, if you are in the USA, there are several ways to either retrain or regroup: contact you local mental health association as a start.

I gained meaningful employment in the recent past based upon my reputation in the professional community. I was not specifically trained for the position, but I dug down and found what I needed to know and set up a process for the _company_ that works well. I make a very good wage for 30 hours of work per week and I never need to leave my home.

Expand your search for your specific training and, as trite as it sounds, think outside your box.

I also wonder if it is time for you to find a new *team*....

Damnation: sorry, I did not realize the OP was in bipolar. My apologies for posting in a forum wherein I do not have that diagnosis...

Edited by Indigo 'n dye

I'm confused.  If the plan was for you to stay out of work and apply for SSDI then why are you heading back to work next week? If you are already on short term leave from work and supposedly getting some sort of payment (as you would from long term disability once that started) then why are you going back to work next week?  Is it because of your FMLA ending?

The pdoc pushed going back to work when  I saw him today. If he wont support me in filing for SSDI than I dont really  have any choice about going back next week even if I am going to fail.

I think tomorrow I am just going to tell him point blank that I am not able to work. Since I have been off work I havent had any problems and I think that is why he wants me to go back.

Today I saw the pdoc again so he could fill out disability paperwork. He extended my disability for two months, so I will not be going back to work. I reminded him that I filed for Ssdi.

He is making me see him every 2-3 weeks, so I am getting good care, although expensive because he doesn't take insurances. I haven't had any income in over 2 months and it is a stretch to pay him.

All in all a good visit. No more work, no more work problems.

I've lost my last three jobs bc I just couldn't take the stress. Now I'm in school, hoping to try another field. But I am scared to death that I just can't take working. My doc and I have discussed disability, but I haven't submitted the paperwork. (I think I mean SSI disability.) Since I've been unemployed, short-term and long-term disability haven't been possibilities. Disability should have been an option at the last job, but that's a long story. It ended very badly.

I've heard you have to be out of work for a year to get SSI?