CrazyBoards.org

Hi, everyone.

Just found this site via a search on Geodon withdrawal symptoms.  Relatively minor (having an small anxiety attack), so far only on day 1. I only made it to 80 mg before the side effects fully hit me.  

I was diagnosed in 1999 with Major Depression and possible mild ADHD or rather ADD, not hyper just easily distracted.  I have been relatively lucky and only needed to go to partial hospitalization twice. Both times within the past 5 years.  

Currently doing well, except for the Geodon withdrawal.  I have been on Cymbalta and Nuvigil now for 10 years-never got rid of the sleepiness and grey fog that I have when I get depressed.  Abilify was added about 3 years ago and with it came 30lbs.  So now my doctor is trying to find another med besides Abilify.  Looks like Saphris is the winner once I have gotten the Geodon out of my system.

I have been on and off ADD medications, currently taking Adderall. 

Love that the site has a sense of humor.

I had a hard time withdrawing from Geodon. I didn't want to be on an AAP so tried to go off myself. I went down in steps of 20mg (from 160mg) and with every step i would get dreadful anxiety attacks for 3 days or so. I gave up at 20mg when I couldn't take the anxiety and the racing thoughts anymore and was starting to become depressed again. Now I've just made peace with being on it; it's what my pdoc wants.

www.crazymeds.us has some threads on Geodon withdrawal. I don't think you have to be a member to go and read them. They're in the Geodon subforum.

Hi and Welcome to CB!  We ask that everyone read the User Agreement:  http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/6642-user-agreement-updated-28th-sept-2012/

So glad to hear that you are doing relatively well, with the exception of the slight problems with Geodon withdrawal.  Getting off meds can be so difficult.

Please feel free to check out chat, start a blog and look through the Forums.