CrazyBoards.org

stupid hospital admin

Guest Iona Viona as guest

Guest Iona Viona as guest

ever been told u cant do something and then think screw u i will do what i want?

that is me at the moment. stupid hospital said i have to not self harm to go there, so what do i want to do, self harm of course.

i dont know if it is because i am stressed about going to hospital, stressed at work, and the fact that it is two years today since my friend committed suicide.

i juat want to but know i cant arghhhhhh stress

ok - it is UNETHICAL for you to be refused treatment if you self-harm. that is like telling an alcoholic that they can only get treatment if they stop drinking completely. so why seek treatment if you can do it yourself.

i carry a copy of this around with me - the bill of rights for people who self harm. look at point 6 - it's my favourite. i have torn up every contract i've been forced to sign.

http://www.selfinjury.org/docs/brights.html

the hospital is there to help you with this kind of stuff. they can't just tell you to leave it behind. i have been in this situation before in private clinics - if you self harm they either kick you out or send you to the state hospital to one of the locked wards with the video cameras and canvas sheets. i told them that was bullshit and they needed to help me not to do it, not to leave it up to myself to deal with.

ok - it is UNETHICAL for you to be refused treatment if you self-harm. that is like telling an alcoholic that they can only get treatment if they stop drinking completely. so why seek treatment if you can do it yourself.

i carry a copy of this around with me - the bill of rights for people who self harm. look at point 6 - it's my favourite. i have torn up every contract i've been forced to sign.

http://www.selfinjury.org/docs/brights.html

the hospital is there to help you with this kind of stuff. they can't just tell you to leave it behind. i have been in this situation before in private clinics - if you self harm they either kick you out or send you to the state hospital to one of the locked wards with the video cameras and canvas sheets. i told them that was bullshit and they needed to help me not to do it, not to leave it up to myself to deal with.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for that link.

I don't know much about private clinics because I live in Canada.

But I know here that if I go into emerg freaking out and they don't help me they are liable.  I once went in with severe panic and I was on a near psychotic manic streak and was waiting four hours.  I got up and left.

The next morning I went back because I really needed help and they rushed me right through everyone because they knew the state I was in and were worried that something might happen if they let me slip through again.

It is horrifying that doctors are so ignorant about SI that they won't treat you unless you stop.

Their treatment is supposed to help you with that.  That is what they are there for.  Any doctor who isn't sensitive to SI should lose their fucking liscence.

I spoke to my shrink today and u would be happy to know he is disgusted. he is calling his college who is the head shrink there and the man he wants to treat me whilst in the clinic he said he will be sure to mention the attitude of the particular two staff memebers invloved in the incident and kindly suggest they apporach there job in a more tactful manner!!!!

He still thinks the treatment they offer through his college will be benefical for me so i am going to give it a go but my doc has promised no more contat with those staff. its straight to working with docs and nurses now and he will handle all the admin work.

Archived