CrazyBoards.org

He totally blew me off. LIKE ALWAYS. Well I guess I would rather that than what he said when I came out as bi.

Edited by Bipolar_Flower

I am sorry.  It hurts when our families don't accept us.  Hang in there.

Is it possible that he brushed it off because he doesn't judge you on your sexuality? Maybe he just accepts you for who you are.

I'm very sorry. I can't relate personally but I have many LGBT friends and have seen how hard this stuff is for them. I hope that you and your dad are able to really talk about it sometime.

I am sorry.

He may come around to realise, and maybe accept, further down the road.

My mother kind of put up "it was a phase" blinders after I came out about my sexuality to her in my teens.  Blew my off like it wasn't a big deal (though I suspect she's generally a lot more validating of a person than your father, perhaps,) and seemed to forget about it while I went on my merry way.

I re-came out to her again little over a year ago.  Put a few things into context for her ("remember that one friend of mine?...")  She doesn't brush it off, doesn't presume I'm only into (opposite gender,) etc.

So I hope he comes around one day soon for you.

My mom said "Well, I suppose that is a phase that one goes through, that is common in women who have been disappointed by men". (I'm divorced.) We've never talked about it again. She still loves me, I just don't think she believes me. Maybe they just don't want to hear it?

My mom said "Well, I suppose that is a phase that one goes through, that is common in women who have been disappointed by men". (I'm divorced.) We've never talked about it again. She still loves me, I just don't think she believes me. Maybe they just don't want to hear it?

Yeah a lot of times I think it's just. Easier for people to ignore/assume/brush off than to confront and change their preconceived notions (eg: the incorrect assuption that lesbian/bisexual/pansexual women are only that way because of being wronged by men, or not having met the right man, etc.)

And so under the rug it goes until it's kinda right in front of their face. When I came out as trans, mom asked about my sexuality again, so I re-came out to her, and pointed out two (obvious in hindsight) of my ex-girlfriends she had met frequently.