CrazyBoards.org

starting remeron tonight

Things have been much worse lately, and I've agreed to try Remeron. I haven't been on any meds in quite a while (tried many; they either don't work or have awful side effects or both) except for benzos and a tiny bit of Seroquel to sleep, but I really need help. I'm losing my job soon - it's not about me, but our whole department is being cut as a result of petty and personal corporate politics. I've had this job for over 7 years and it's the only one I've ever cared about, plus it allowed me to work at home and lead a much less stressful life. That's all going away, and I'm horribly scared and depressed and have lost 10 lbs. that I couldn't afford to lose, and haven't had an appetite in months. I feel and look terrible. I actually need the Remeron side effects, except for the sleepiness problem - I need to be alert for this job-hunting crap.

If I start taking it tonight (boss is out of town so I can blow off Friday if I can't wake up), how soon will I get some appetite? I think my pdoc wants me to start at 30mg.

I have a job interview on Monday 9am - should I not take the Remeron on Sunday night? I really need it to go well. Does the sleepiness not happen if you skip a dose?

I got the sleepy effect of Remeron 30 minutes after my first dose of 30 mg. ( I was also on 50 mg Seroquel ) I was really tired and felt groggy...my head was cloudy...I didn't feel quite like myself the first day after. By the second day I was okay. But if I ever skip a dose or two (if I forget or run out) I get a bad hung over feeling the day after. I think you should be find Monday morning if you take the Remeron Sunday night, especially if you're not taking anything with it thats sedating like I was.

Also, the next day I had an increased appetite. I wanted carbs and sweets. But it hit me mostly at night, around 8 or 9 pm.

If it doesn't put you to sleep too quickly, you should be raiding the refrigerator as soon as it kicks in (it gives you the munchies like weed).  If you take it early enough, I wouldn't worry too much about hangover effects.  I am guessing you are starting at 15 mg?  You really shouldn't skip doses, but I often did when I was on it, partiularily if I had been drinking.  You won't feel sleepy if you don't take it.  It should do wonders for your appetite.

Good luck,

Dee

updating my own thread here. first night was 15 mg - I slept ok but not great, and felt groggy the next day, but still no appetite. last night I took 30 mg and hardly slept at all, but not too groggy so far. I am  a bit nauseated and the idea of food is sickening but I know I have to eat something, must try. I just took a xanax. I seem to have lost another pound in the last couple of days, very bad. I feel like shit.

scared and alone.

Hi Wens,

I'm sorry it's not working yet.  It sure increased my appetite, but I didn't need it.  I really craved sugar.  Most of my poundage on Remeron was due to sugar consumption, especially ice cream.  Have you tried Hagen Daz, Caramel Cone Explosion?

It's highly addictive.

Dee 

updating my own thread here. first night was 15 mg - I slept ok but not great, and felt groggy the next day, but still no appetite. last night I took 30 mg and hardly slept at all, but not too groggy so far. I am  a bit nauseated and the idea of food is sickening but I know I have to eat something, must try. I just took a xanax. I seem to have lost another pound in the last couple of days, very bad. I feel like shit.

scared and alone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, but it does sound like you jumped the dose a little early. Sometimes when redistributing

neurotransmitters some end up where they shouldn't. Give it time to finish blocking off the

receptors associated with insomnia (5HT2) and gastro problems (5HT3) before going for the

good effects.

"More, faster" usually becomes "worse, sooner" rather than "better, in good time".

Archived