CrazyBoards.org

I was not insulting anyone. I said what I felt and people kept pushing the issue. I'm a bigot because I don't agree with your religion? F-uck that.

I was there for support. I TOLD everyone I wasn't feeling well, but nobody seemed interested. It was fun to flame war me and f-uck with me and irritate me more. Tantrum? I'd say that was the mods who couldn't take that I deserved an explanation for the ban.

On the spirituality and religion board we try to be respectful of everyone. That includes not calling people's traditions stupid. Religion can be quite a contentious issue. If you're having a bad day, it's not a topic that will help to make life any easier.

Just because it's a different part of CB doesn't mean that the rules don't apply.

We don't suddenly get to throw acceptance out the window because it's in real-time.

It also says, after "responsible for own triggers" that deliberately triggering people is evil as fuck. And umm, yeah. That happened, because people disagree with you. For some, religion and tradition are important parts of their lives, and you were not able to hear that. A dialogue requires both people hearing each other, and not just railroading one's point through repeatedly to the exclusion of others. Hence "deliberately triggering people is evil as fuck."

"You called everyone who had religious beliefs "stupid". You wanted to rub food into the faces of people who were fasting."

No.

"you are responsible for your own triggers."

Exactly, so they shouldn't have gotten their damn panties in a twist.

"Press the big X button on the top right-hand corner of your browser if you don't like a conversation topic in chat. It does wonders."

I didn't HAVE  a problem with the conversation. Other people did. But because I'm in the minority, I'm the one who suffered the repercussions. I'll thank you to remember that.

Oh. I thought you suffered the repercussions because you were the one who brought it up. You were the one who wouldn't stop (and in fact, continued the conversation here) after others left for being made uncomfortable or insulted.

"For some, religion and tradition are important parts of their lives"

Hoorah for them. But that's THEIR trigger, NOT MINE.

I was NOT deliberately triggering anyone. If they didn't want the convo to go on, they shouldn't have insisted I was a bigot, because I won't stand for insults like that.

Just because it isn't an important aspect of your life doesn't mean that it's okay to not acknowledge that, for some, it's fairly formative. Or a fairly important aspect of who they are as people.

If you aren't upset by this right now (ie, if it's their issue and not yours) why are we still discussing this?

If you didn't want the conversation to go on, why did you bring it to the boards?

There is a difference between triggers and behaving like a bigot.

You specifically said that you would have enjoyed being present in Egypt during Ramadan, so you could rub your ability to eat in the face of fasting Muslims.  (As in,  you said this in response to someone who was speaking about their experience in Egypt during Ramadan.)

That is an incredibly bigoted statement and wasn't the only one you made about spiritual fasting traditions.  When called on your bigoted statements, you denied that you said anything bigoted at all.  When given a kick as a warning, you complained about the timing of the kick.  And you continued to complain about being called a bigot and being kicked.

Edited by Petrion the Flyer