CrazyBoards.org

well do you need this much to contain your anxiety?  

if you don't need this much benzo you can talk with your doctor about tapering one of them down

it is your body, but be very clear with your doctor

Edited by bpladybug

i'm not your doctor, so i can't presume what he's thinking... but my guess would be that the xanax is for your daytime anxiety, and the valium is to give you some restful sleep at night.  do you feel like a zombie?  if you are feeling too sedated, let your doc know.  but if you're feeling better, then it's okay to take what was prescribed to you - lots of people take that dose and more.  of course any objections you have, you should definitely tell your doctor - that applies no matter what you're taking.

• 2 weeks later...

I was weirded out abou taking Valium.   I kept hearing "Mothers little helper"  (The Rolling Stones song)     The truth is that its a drug that works very well for some people.   Its sure better then shaking, dry mouth etc.   20mg seems like a fair amount.  I wonder what the range is?

Ya I would think if your anxiety is out of control. Your doctor has a reason to put you on this much benzos. I was on 1 mg four times a day when back then for some stupid reason thought I couldn't handle me anxiety and now I take .5 klonopin and even thats too much so I hear ya.....If the dosage does become more as a downer then you can adjust it with you doc approval. Um, I'm glad that it is helping you!

• 2 weeks later...

Any update how youre going? I was on the same benzo combo as you 6 months ago but now im on virtually nothing (2mg valium per day).

Your combo served me very well when i was in great need, especially the valium, but after a year they barely seemed to have any effect plus i didnt need them anymore so i decided to wean off.

Edited by Lesmiserable