CrazyBoards.org

I started taking Lamictal again.  I've been on it for about a week and noticed a rash on my neck yesterday.  Today it is worse.  I am discontinuing the medication. 

The rash is a bunch of little bumps that look like small blisters.  There is no notable skin discoloration/reddening from what I can see.  I'm not sick or anything, so it's not from a virus.

My doctor will not be in until Friday (three days from now).  The rash is on my neck...about a 3x3 inch area on the side of it and around a 2x2 inch area of it on my neck/cervical spine area.  Is it okay if I wait until Friday to be seen?  I'm inclined to think so, but due to the dangers of some rashes figured I'd get another opinion.  I feel mostly okay otherwise.  Just sleepy.

I also read that people allergic to Sulfa should NOT take Lamictal??  Is this true?  I'm all kinds of allergic to Sulfa and it's in my chart; the Dr knew.....  And by "all kinds of allergic", I mean the Dr said I can never ever ever ever take Sulfa again because I could die.  I had a rash all over my face and other parts, my tongue doubled in size, and got a big purple line down the middle of it.

Thanks.

Edit:  added more detail

Edited by Anodyne Oblivion

if it were me, i'd go get it checked out before Friday, just because of the Lamictal.  even if that's not the cause, since you've had dangerous reactions before, i wouldn't wait.  especially if you start finding it hard to breathe, or your throat feels swollen, or you have a fever.  better safe than sorry.  is there a clinic you can go to right away, or maybe the ER?

We've got an ER nearby, but it's $200 per visit (with insurance).  :   I'm going to keep an eye on it; if it gets worse, I'll definitely get it checked out before Friday.  The rash developed slowly and I was on a very low dose, so I'm not too concerned that it'll get worse.  But yeah, I'll definitely keep an eye on it!!

Edited by Anodyne Oblivion