CrazyBoards.org

I have never tried ambien but I've tried just about everything else. Rozerem, seroquel, zyprexa, saphris, risperdal, trazodone, klonopin, Ativan, vistaril, etc.

Im currently trying 200mg trazodone, 1-2mg klonopin, 25-200mg seroquel. And I still don't sleep right!

I definitely feel your frustration. I've heard good things about remeron and temazepam. I don't know if they would work for you though. It may be something to bring up to your pdoc though if you've tried everything else like I have. Ugh.

I hope you can sleep tonight!

What time of day do you take the rest of your meds? You can see my signature for what I'm taking, and my morning meds are only 100 Seroquel XR, 10 mgs escitalopram, and 125 LTG. Everything else gets piled on top of the Ambien at night, and when you mix it all together I sleep pretty well, most of the time.  Any chance you could take your Seroquel and trazodone at night?

Edited by Gearhead

I had ok luck with Ambien at first, then it just made me crazy(er lol) Like, I would get to sleep but be up 20 minutes later in a full blown panic attack. Then everytime I'd try to go back to sleep I'd just pop back up all nutsy. So I gave it up.

One of the bosses here--his wife was on Ambien and she'd sleep-eat.lol  He'd find her sitting *in* the fridge eating whatever was in there...ketsup, old lettuce...whatever they had. She did this for about a week before he finally forced her to quit taking it.

My bff takes her klonipin at bedtime and it helps alot to get her a goodnight sleep. I take my last (biggest) dose of Xanax at bedtime and sleep good.  My shrink has me exercising as much as I can tolerate during the day after/before work, and that's supposed to help too. I think I'm more for trying these non-medicated approaches to getting sleep before going down the Ambien road...

Ambien alone used to work for me..... Well, ambien and seroquel.  I had to add ristoril to the cocktail at some point, and I'm glad I did.  Sometimes a sleep med will work  for a while, and then no longer.  You have other meds to try, so don't give up.

Anna

I had chronic insomnia for decades. I finally went to a sleep doctor. His first question was whether I had trouble falling asleep or staying sleep. If your trouble is falling asleep then meds can often fix that. If Ambien doesn't work then your doc can try something else. If your problem is staying sleep then you could be suffering from some other sleep disorder like apnea. Definitely check with your doc.

Thanks everyone. Rozerum works but my insurance won't cover it. They don't have samples, and I can't afford $200/mo for the pills. I also can't get any benzos that I KNOW would work because my np just doesn't like to prescribe them. Sooo I'm at the mercy of whatever she DOES feel like prescribing. Very frustrating.

Ambien has never worked for me.  And I would never try it again either because of how it affects me.  For sleep I'll take xanax or a klonopin to relax me enough to fall asleep.  I usually don't sleep for long periods of time, but they work for when I am able to sleep.