CrazyBoards.org

Can we put an end to the TD threads?

There have been many threads about the worries of getting TD. Can we just put an end to this?

TD is not inevitable as mentioned in some threads as the majority of people on these boards would have it regardless of how many years, decades we'be been on antipsychotics.

Someone could be on antipsychotics for 50 years and not get TD as someone could be morbidly obese for 30 years and not get diabetes.

People want to know if they have it, or are worried about it. This is where they can get support and information on the topic. I don't see the problem. If something annoys me, I let it go, not try to put an end to it. At the end of the day, we all want help/support. Nothing wrong with that. I just wouldn't click on the topic, personally.

Why wouldn't we talk about TD?

Several years ago while taking 30mg of abilify I started to get the symptoms. It sucked ass. And I did come to CB to see what other said.

I think its very important to talk about.

If you don't want to read about TD then don't click on those threads. I personally never check out the ED section because I don't want to read it. But I think we should still have ED threads as there is a population that uses them.

db

We do not censor threads about legitimate topics.  Having met a TD sufferer a few years ago and seen its effect on him, I would call it a legitimate topic.  A pinned, researched topic on the risk of TD, however, may have merit.

I do appreciate the irony of this being another one of those threads itself.

I only click on links I'm interested in and ignore the ones I don't, that would seems to solve the problem for everyone. There are some medications I've never been on and haven't heard of so I don't read those threads but I don't expect people to not talk about them just because they don't affect me.

The Internet has done more to over publicize the SJS and other deady rashes than anything. Rashes that at are least 1 in 1,000 and that make you so sick way before they kill you such that you would be stupid to not of seen the ER or doc. TD sneaks up and the AP's mask it so that the AP's are the only very effective treatment for TD.  Tends to be for good. Glad my doc does the AIMS test here and there.

So which would you ban ?

fyi: General explanation of TD (tardive dyskanesia)

Always wondered what Tardive meant.  It is such a strange word, sounds like a salad ingredient. The medical dictionary says:

adj. having symptons that develop slowly.

Literally it means "late"

like tardy.

tardy (adj.) Look up tardy at Dictionary.com

late 14c. (implied in tardity), from Old French tardif (12c.), from Vulgar Latin *tardivus, from Latin tardus "slow, sluggish, dull, stupid," of unknown origin. Related: Tardily; tardiness.

It has a neat orgin.

Tardivus would be a really good name for a dog. Imagine yelling that out the back door when you wanted him to come: "Tardivus! C'mere Tardy! Who's my good boy?"

hahahaha.  thank you.  I needed a good laugh.

I have been on other boards where they do something like what the OP is suggesting. When a topic has been covered a number of times previously they just lock any further threads on it. I'd imagine that at some point that kind of intolerance will just lead to all topics being taboo. And then what? I suppose you must shut down the boards cuz apparently you've just solved the world's MI problems.