CrazyBoards.org

Trans*gender and variously fucked up. It's nice to meet you. :P

Hi. My name is Ali, and I'm a man woman agender or some shit person from the UK.

I guess I've joined this site thing because I'm sick of people "protecting" me from my own and others' mental health - my Dad killed himself last year and as far as my family is concerned, I still think he had a heart attack. 

That aside I'm just coming to terms with the fact that I'm going to spend the rest of my life dealing with MDD to varying degrees, and I'm trying to see just how worth it this is, although I suppose it doesn't matter, as I'm not going to kill myself whilst my mother is still alive- I couldn't intentionally put her through what I've had to go through this last year.

It seems like we're living in an age where some sort of fundamental sense of nature/adventure is missing and we're just going through the motions. I'm not sure I want to do any of that.

On the sunnier side of things, if there is one, I'm a student at a London university, studying Ancient World. I'm dealing with trans* stuff at the moment, deciding if I should medically transition to whatever the fuck I am. I've got a shit ton of fairly frustrating counselors who I'm ignoring, and I spend a lot of time in the queer community and volunteering.

Who're you?

Welcome.

I hope you find a counselor who's actually helpful... Whether/when to transition has to be your own decision of course, but it's nice to be able to share your thoughts with someone. Peer support groups are good, though.

Suicide in the family is never easy to deal with. I'm so sorry.

Welcome~!

I think it takes some time to work through GID issues.  No need to be in a hurry.  

Though the dysphoria can be very disturbing.

How old are you by the way?

I am the wife of a trans man, he transitioned female to male back in '97 - '98.

We have been married a long time and he had two children prior to his transition, prior to meeting me.

Things are fine, but he did have some tumultuous years before he finally made the transition.

In the U.S. of course it is very expensive.

Does NHS pay for it?

Edited by bpladybug

Hi, I'm a genderqueer femme person (FtM spectrum) who's seeking medical transition.  I'm a moderator on this site which I consider a sort of sacred volunteering duty, if you will, helping out my fellow crazies.  Especially any of my fellow crazies who are trans and/or genderqueer and/or gender-weird in some way.

In my daily life I am a manager in retail for an adult store, I live with two cats, I'm a practicing Wiccan who is almost done zis first degree studies with a local teaching circle, and I'm still learning the tightrope-balance of living with my particular combination of MI alphabet soup letters.

I'm glad that you found your way here, and look forward to seeing you on the boards.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for replying. 

@bpladybug

I'm 19, and depending on how you transition the NHS will pay for it, but I don't meet one of the conditions (I don't think I want testosterone - for both gender related and health reasons, as my family has a history if heart disease). 

Hello, welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your father.

I am extremely fluid in gender, but am not transitioning. I like kind of going back and forth although there are certain things I'd like to change, in a "discovering self" stage, but this thread is about you, not me. :) I'm a moderator on the boards. I hope you'll find some help, and work through your issues.

I think it's odd you wouldn't meet the condition because if you did, it could cause harm to you..

You're definitely welcome here!

Thanks for replying. 

@bpladybug

I'm 19, and depending on how you transition the NHS will pay for it, but I don't meet one of the conditions (I don't think I want testosterone - for both gender related and health reasons, as my family has a history if heart disease). 

You know, you can start T, take it for a few years and have permanent changes in your physique, and then stop taking it.

Taking T does not have to be something you do for 20 or 30 years.   You would be followed closely by a doctor.

My husband stops taking T occasionally.  He can always grow a beard now, whether he is on T or not.

I would not worry about the heart disease at your age.

Edited by bpladybug