CrazyBoards.org

I'd like to make another introduction. (We can make this work)

I'm really enjoying the chat room. We talk about gardening, hobbies, work, and all kinds of interesting things that make me fall in love with this forum.

BUT THEN

A few chosen people come in to chat room and it's like I don't know what I say, but I cross some kind of line. I just post the same innocent things that I always do, with no malice of forefoot AND all of sudden I'm getting called a douche, prick, asshole, it just really makes me lose my happy thought.

I just want to explain, that what I post might not be conveying the correct meaning, because I'm kinda socially inept in real life. No social anxiety, it's just that I really have nothing to say to people, or anything I can think of saying doesn't seem right to say. Online, it doesn't feel like I'm socializing. It just feels like an interactive journal to me, and all I'm really doing is thinking while wiggling my fingers on a keyboard.

I feel that some people on the other end of the line are really taking advantage of being invisible while I come into their house through a tube, and if they really heard be talk in real life, they wouldn't say such harassing things.

Please don't bring up my anti-med ideology. I'm trying to make this work.

I think my anti-med stems from I could possibly be diagnosed with this chemical imbalance, when I really have an underlying imagination problem, non-chemical personality disorder (like typal) that needs investigated. Hence I'm on meds my body doesn't need and it's making me suffer.

Edited by him

You have crossed multiple lines in chat, You are basically being a bigger asshole than the mods - and that's a hard thing to achieve.

(thanks to Nome for articulating this)

I'm not trying to argue.  I think it would be hard to get a fresh start when you are insulting. Some people need meds, no?  I don't know if you do or what type of symptoms the docs see to mandate meds.  

You have crossed multiple lines in chat, You are basically being a bigger asshole than the mods - and that's a hard thing to achieve.

That right there. I even wasn't talking antimed. The topic shifted to meds again, and I was like "I used to get free samples from my doctor, but it sucks cause to gotta open all those bottles." and people were no asshole! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HEROINE/MORPHINE pain killers here!

I called you an asshole earlier - such as for your comment about being amused by the concept of sexual addiction.

When you brought up free samples, the topic was re-directed back to the person who was articulating a medical issue, where we were trying to help with suggestions to get an earlier med refill so they wouldn't have to wait all weekend.

Additionally, equating the necessary painkillers that the other user is legally prescribed, with the illegal street drug heroin, is a rather unnecessary dramatic effect you are adding to your response here.  There is a major difference, and if you cannot or will not see this difference, that is not my problem.

Edited by Mirazh

Maybe I should try to let you know me more. I'm 28. Diagnosed schizophrenic. I still need to visit my doctor multiple times for a pending dx to personality disorder. I have a blog with my artwork. I don't want to burden your galleries because I notice you are on a cheap shared host. I'm not sure if I should post a link. Some of my stuff is adult content. I wrote a function in jquery to censor adult posts, with option to show/hide, but it doesn't work on phones.

I'm really enjoying the chat room. We talk about gardening, hobbies, work, and all kinds of interesting things that make me fall in love with this forum.

BUT THEN

A few chosen people come in to chat room and it's like I don't know what I say, but I cross some kind of line. I just post the same innocent things that I always do, with no malice of forefoot AND all of sudden I'm getting called a douche, prick, asshole, it just really makes me lose my happy thought.

I just want to explain, that what I post might not be conveying the correct meaning, because I'm kinda socially inept in real life. No social anxiety, it's just that I really have nothing to say to people, or anything I can think of saying doesn't seem right to say. Online, it doesn't feel like I'm socializing. It just feels like an interactive journal to me, and all I'm really doing is thinking while wiggling my fingers on a keyboard.

I feel that some people on the other end of the line are really taking advantage of being invisible while I come into their house through a tube, and if they really heard be talk in real life, they wouldn't say such harassing things.

Him,

Every group/community has a culture. Families have family specific cultures, ethnic groups have cultures, communities have cultures.

Crazyboards is a community. Crazyboards, though it is online, is a culture populated by crazy people.

One of the solid foundations of this culture is mutual respect.

This respect can be found in giving people with crises room to talk in chat; not playing in to stereotypes; telling people what they need to hear and not what they want to here; and many other ways.

So generally, yes, one does need to not be an asshole.

The easiest way to stomp on toes when entering a new culture is to make assumptions, not ask questions or find out about it, and then blame the natives when YOU insult THEM.

I was in chat.

That right there. I even wasn't talking antimed. The topic shifted to meds again, and I was like "I used to get free samples from my doctor, but it sucks cause to gotta open all those bottles." and people were no asshole! WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HEROINE/MORPHINE pain killers here!

And no, the point was not the specific meds we were talking about.

The point, which you conveniently missed, was that we were discussing a specific member's current difficulties with pain, pain management, and inability to get pain meds for several days.

You introduced a completely unrelated, insupportive comment- being that doctors used to load you up with all kinds of free samples.

That may be interesting and progress a conversation in a different time, but just then it was distracting from the person being focused on who really just needed support.

We even tried starting over, and people began reintroducing themselves.

If one truly wants to start over after a clash, both sides agree to drop the baggage obtained in the original disagreement.

You can't seem to do that.

You are not a victim.

You are a person who assumes that they can "wiggle their fingers" on a keyboard, say whatever comes into their mind, and not be held accountable for the effects they produce in this way.

Real life does not work this way.

If someone tries to use autism as an excuse in real life, then yes, I have an issue with it at that time as well.

You want to actually start over?

Then START. OVER.

Edited by Josie

Maybe I should try to let you know me more. I'm 28. Diagnosed schizophrenic. I still need to visit my doctor multiple times for a pending dx to personality disorder. I have a blog with my artwork. I don't want to burden your galleries because I notice you are on a cheap shared host. I'm not sure if I should post a link. Some of my stuff is adult content. I wrote a function in jquery to censor adult posts, with option to show/hide, but it doesn't work on phones.

We are a support forum for the mentally ill, where we can be supported in our various journeys healing and healthier living by our peers.  People who have been there.  Galleries are an extra add-on because some of us like to post photos or art.  We are not a gallery site for the mentally ill with an add-on of forums.  You seem to be confused.

Why am I the only one allowed not to post what I'm up to when a topic comes up?

Someone made the joke, "Enough about him, what about me?"

Am I to just pat you on the back and ask questions why you all babble on solipsistically?

it becomes difficult to make room for someone when they say such things as they are looking for the sex addict area of the board because it's "amusing" to them.

Pretty sure I don't hang around the psychosis board, just to laugh at people with schizophrenia going through struggles.

You are deflecting every opportunity to start over and understand the community here.

Ok, I made a gallery with one of my clean things.

EDIT: You have know idea where I was coming from with that. I understand sex is a scary and threatening word, but I actually have posted on the HealthyPlace boards sex illness forums, about some dark confessional stuff. Just let that go. I'm not allowed to talk about anything, because I'm just a newb.

I'm locking this thread, it's going nowhere.

Edit: if all we did was chase of newbs because they were new, our userbase would never grow.  I never would have stuck around.  Many others would have never stuck around.  You continue to deflect by attempting to garner sympathy for being called out on your behaviour.

Edited by Mirazh