CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
water

weird but true

Nightly closing border ceremony...  India /Pakistan.   Commentary by Michael Palin.

omg, that is effing amazing.  Choreographed agression.  Restores my faith somewhat in humanity.   Wonder what happens when they open the gate in the morning?

omg, that is effing amazing.  Choreographed agression.  Restores my faith somewhat in humanity.   Wonder what happens when they open the gate in the morning?

Google and YouTube are your friends.

But first note that on the Indian side female constables are now part of the ceremonial team, ast least as an experiment.

Please observe carefully before proceeding to the flag-raising ceremony.

It would appear from this yet more recent video that they have gone to looser trousers and are now high-kicking it like the men.

(But not yet backwards and in high heels.)

The toned-down aggression mentioned in the first video does not seem to have lasted long,

and I have a suspicion that the hackles in the ladies' headgear is subtly being enlarged.  Time will tell.

Chris

Bacon, the key to longevity.

As with all theses things: bacon, jogging, pomegranates...  it's only those whom the unusual regime hasn't killed who get to report on how effective it is!

Google and YouTube are your friends.

But first note that on the Indian side female constables are now part of the ceremonial team, ast least as an experiment.

Please observe carefully before proceeding to the flag-raising ceremony.

It would appear from this yet more recent video that they have gone to looser trousers and are now high-kicking it like the men.

(But not yet backwards and in high heels.)

The toned-down aggression mentioned in the first video does not seem to have lasted long,

and I have a suspicion that the hackles in the ladies' headgear is subtly being enlarged.  Time will tell.

Chris

bwhahahaha.  unbelievable.  All of this, and then, pouf, everyone is off to work?  Love the guy in the first video explaining why women deserve the opportunity to high kick it along with the men.  And if they aren't 'discomforted' then they get to continue.

Would love to be a fly on the wall when the men are rehearsing their steps.  Must be quite the scene and quite a few torn hamstrings.

Cannot help but be reminded of my time in Latin America, traveling thru so many borders.  The closest I've seen maybe a small border crossing between Ecuador and Peru.  THere are masses of vendors on either side who have to be back in their respective country by sunset. In the morning it is like musical chairs.  Everyone rushes across in both directions, carrying chickens, clothing, pots, and perhaps a kitchen sink.

Would love to be a fly on the wall when the men are rehearsing their steps.  Must be quite the scene and quite a few torn hamstrings.

I have heard it said, but I cannot confirm, that that much-stomped section of road has been constructed with a degree of "spring" in order to reduce the damaging shock to human bodies of such violent marching and stamping.

This is totally bizarre.  Chris Hatfield aboard the International Space Station is singing David Bowies Space Oddity.  They must have spent a FORTUNE making this video.  It is kind of cool but also weird.  The song is somewhat depressing. 

I agree it is bizarre.  Personally I don't see what people like about it.

Well, he was up there anyway.

And I've always liked the song for it's comments on the madness of the media on celebrity.

He's just come down.

oh my gosh. I owned a barbie house.  It was my everlasting wish for a chanukah present as a kid.  It looked nothing like this one.  And it wasn't all pink.  And I swear, there were no shoe chairs.  What is it with shoes nowadays?  They seem to symbolize everything that is wrong with this idolatry of the fake feminine form. no pun intended :-}

I don't get the connection between the burning crucifixes and the burning barbie.  

Wonder what will happen in the next country it travels to.

What is it with shoes nowadays?  

I have not the slightest idea.

shoemotor48aj7.jpg

oh my gosh. I owned a barbie house.  It was my everlasting wish for a chanukah present as a kid.  It looked nothing like this one.  And it wasn't all pink.  And I swear, there were no shoe chairs.  What is it with shoes nowadays?  They seem to symbolize everything that is wrong with this idolatry of the fake feminine form. no pun intended :-}

I don't get the connection between the burning crucifixes and the burning barbie.  

Wonder what will happen in the next country it travels to.

I don't either.  My niece got a Barbie house recently, looks nothing like this one but is all pink.  No show chairs I know of.  This one looks like it a lego one she has (well, not exactly, but similar).

gallery_5895_512_150498.png

I just...don't know what to say about this.

I don't know either...! <rolling my eyes>

Wow.  Wonder what that person was thinking!  And how in the world did they stuff it in there like that?!

That's just excessive - a teddy bear that size.

That is just wrong on so many levels.

I'd start with road safety, but it hardly ends there.

Chris.

That is just wrong on so many levels.

I'd start with road safety, but it hardly ends there.

Chris.

Someone shot alot of balloons to win that bear. 

Hopefully the store/amusement park was close to home.