CrazyBoards.org

Amitriptyline and mirtazapine

I'm having a realy bad time at the moment with depression and insomnia my mam recommend that I take 50mg of amitriptyline and 30mg of mirtazapine tonight so I can sleep I've already been taking 40mg and sometimes 50mg of amitriptyline and there not helping I'm realy tired but I can't sleep I just lie there in the dark for hours does anyone know if it's ok to take those tablets together I'm also on 20mg of Prozac in the morning

My doctor put me on Prozac and amitriptyline but the mirtazapine was off my mam it turns out its not a good idea I was ok for 2 nights then on the 3rd night I was sick and started having a panic attack due to my heart ebeating fast which I think was an overdose on serotonin increasing tablets I'm ok now tho

If it were me, I'd call my pdoc and ask about an increase in the amitriptyline. You're on a pretty low dose. A higher dose of amitriptyline might also help with your sleep. I take mine in the evening and try as I might, I can't stay up more than about an hour after I take it.