CrazyBoards.org

Hello out there..

I don't really know what to write, but I decided to try anyway.  i've been in a bad place for months now and part of me wants out, wants to try and do something about it.  The other part of me is screaming at myself to not do anything as it would mean leaving the "comfort" of the hole I dug for myself and that I've been hiding in for so long now.  I'm diagnosed with GAD, BPD, and depression.  I dropped out of therapy in December (yes, I know, great decision), and I'm not currently on medication.  I've also pretty completely isolated myself.  I've begun to think about reaching out again but I'm just so scared and I have so many negative mental tapes blaring through my head (how could I let this happen again, etc.).  I guess doing this is a first step towards getting back on the road to helping myself.  

Hello and Welcome!  I'm sorry you're in such a bad place.  I strongly encourage you to go see a pdoc and tdoc again.  I know you are scared, but its very hard to get out of that hole without professional help.

Please take a moment to read our User Agreement: http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/6642-user-agreement-updated-28th-sept-2012/ just so you know what to expect out of the site.

I'm glad you're reaching out and I sincerely hope that will include reaching out to some people who can help you.

Welcome!   You'll find that people here understand the isolating behaviour . . . .  not that it's a good thing, but it's definitely a thing! 

I hope you can find the support here that you're seeking and perhaps get back to therapy and possibly also on medication that is helpful for you.

I look forward to "seeing" you around the boards!  

Welcome aboard!  This is a great group of folks.  You'll like it here.

You should be proud of yourself for getting this far.  The road to recovery is begun by the first, tentative, baby-step.  Once you test the waters you may be surprised at what you can do for yourself.