CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
happilyjasmine

You can get the mokey off your back, but the circus never leaves town...

Hello I am new to this forum. Well new as in I just joined but I have been reading on the forum for a bit.

I guess I should introduce myself. I'm Jasmine. I am a 21 year old mother of two and I am engaged to be married. I was diagnosed with ADHD as a child and bipolar I disorder with rapid cycling in my late teens. I am also an opiate addict. I used opiated for 7-8 years, I started when I was 13-14 years old. I am still technically taking an opiate, but my doctor would say that I am out of active addiction since I've been on suboxone as a maintenance medication for 9 months now.

I used opiates very heavily for the past 3 years until 9 months ago. And during that time I did not take my psych meds. I began taking them a week after I quit the fentanyl patches and started the suboxone.

I am currently taking 40mg Prozac and 20mg Abilify for the bipolar disorder. I am taking 40mg adderall for the ADHD (20mg in the morning and another 20mg in the afternoon.) And as I mentioned I am taking suboxone for opiate addiction maintenance.

I have been tapering my suboxone dose for 7-8 months now. I started at 24mg/day and am now taking 4mg/day. And in my opinion that is pretty damn good!

I hope you all enjoyed reading my introduction!

I don't really have a question right now lol. But I probably will soon and I will post it on the appropriate thread.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Hello Jasmine and Welcome to CB!

I commend you for quitting opiates.  I know that can't have been easy.  I'm glad you're taking psych meds now.

Please take a moment to read our User Agreement so you know how we do things around here.

Feel free to check out chat or start a blog.

I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Welcome aboard.  You have a lot on your plate...and it's nice to meet you.

:)

Hello everyone and thank you for the warm welcome!

Phoenix_rising, thank you it means a lot that you acknowledge the quitting the opiates. It is a very big deal for me! And I am so proud if myself. You're right. It was not easy at all. Especially because if how much and how strong opiates I was using.

Canuck, thank you I do have a lot on my plate! But I am getting through it!