CrazyBoards.org

It's my birthday and I'm all alone

I am sad...it's my birthday. 

I'm single

My job is being eliminated (not for 6+ months, but still)

I'm not as successful as I'd like to be

I'm lonely

There are a lot of people who used to talk to me who don't now

I adore my psychiatrist (it's hopeless, of course)

I can't meet a decent guy

I want to go back to school but I'm terrified of it (grad school)

My ex is getting married to his rebound girlfriend

What a birthday!!!

But you've survived another year!

Whatever is 'wrong,' you've made it through another year and now you have a chance to "start over" with a fresh year.

{imagine someone who can sing, i.e. not me}

Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to yooouuu! Happy birthday to you!!

*clap*clap*clap*

Fiona

Wow- talk about a shitty birthday.

Being alone hella sucks balls.

Will you get some kind of severence package from your work? Not that it'll make your day better, but at least you'll have plenty of time to start looking for a job.

I've had "friends" who dropped me for no apparent reason. It's the shittiest feeling in the world. Especially since you have no idea what you did to make them drop you in the first place.

Meeting people who are worthwhile sucks. It can be so hard to do. Finding a decent guy can be a pain in the ass. It took me a bunch of bad nasty guys until I found my DH. I was one of the lucky ones.

School can be absolutely terrifying. But there are things you can do to make the adjustment easier. You can register with the school with having an mi and a lot of time they'll make accomadations for you. (There's a whole forum dedicated to help make that transition even easier.)

Your ex got married on your birthday. What an ass.

Please tell me you at least go to eat cake!

Well Happy Birthday

anyway.

It is OK,

to feel crappy,

on your Bday,

I always do.

I take stock of

my life,as did you,

and not find

all to my liking.

Tomorrow

is somebody elses

Fucking birthday,

and they likely feel shitty too.

From my point of view,

you have opportunities

Being single,going to school

maybe finding a better job.

Friends,jobs,guys and success,

come and go.

so does feeling crappy.

Maybe here at CB,

we celebrate Crappy Birthdays

moan and grump,

whine and pout.

Why not

it just another day,

Stasis

It sucks when your birthday is a crummy day.  I spent mine last year moving from New Jersey to Michigan.  Not fun, let me tell you.

Ex marrying the rebound chick really stinks.  Luckily, my ex refuses to have anything to do with me, so I have no clue if he's married or single, dead or alive.

Grad school is scary.  I just started in September, and it was a really tough transition.  But once you're back studying what you love, it becomes a lot easier.  So I say go for it.  You can do it.  Really.

Keep posting.

Oh, and I am a singer.  I even have the diploma to prove it.  So.....

Happy Birthday to You!

Happy Birthday to You!

Happy Birthday, dear Devon,

Happy Birthday to You!

Yes birthdays suck - I have had so many bad ones that I know prefer to have them on my own with no fuss etc....  But I can see where you are coming from.  Apart from that - my life is a carbon copy of yours!!

Happy Birthday anyhow dear.

RG -

In mediaeval times, people believed that our lives are like riding on a wheel of fortune - that as the wheel spins, it will inevitably carry us downard in fortune toward the bottom.  But, if we ride it long enough, it will also inevitably carry us back upward to the top.  I've always taken sort of a dim view of my own birthday, but at least it marks time toward an inevitable return to something better.  To that end, my dear, many happy returns.

Cerberus

Hey Devon...My last birthday sucked so much ass...matter of fact...my whole last half of the year did...but this year was proof positive that things can and do change...so hang in there...I hope that your birthday, and the next several days/weeks/months/years/ everydays...gets better for you in every aspect of your life. Im so sorry to hear it isnt right now, but it will change...Lisa

Devon:  Know that your not alone.  It's hard when your in a depression on your b-day. I really like what Cerberus wrote.  Ride the wheel.  Things will turn your way again.  I hope you feel better soon.

Happy belated birth day.

Sincerely.

Devon,

I hope you indulged yourself in some pleasant and unusual way on your birthday. Yours is a real life in the real world and deserves to be celebrated. If you have not already done so, indulge yourself belatedly. I don't know what your tastes or budget are, but you must give yourself a treat. Love yourself. If you can't do that, at least try to fake it. Even if it feels funny, you are probably going to feel better if you do, and, over time, you'll probably be less alone. You don't have to do some big thing if you are not up to it, but do some little thing for yourself. Tell yourself, OUT LOUD, that you love yourself. (Sounds stupid, but it helps me.) Ideas for treats, in case you are having trouble with that: rent your favorite movie and watch while eating takeout Chinese food from a good place (or whatever kind of food you like), fancy chocolate, a trip to an art museum, a hike in the woods, dinner at a good restaurant, take a long bike ride, get yourself some gadget that you've been looking at, or an item of clothing. Make yourself your own cake. Get a massage. Notice that these don't all cost money, in case you're on a budget. Also notice that many of these items have to do with food, which probably means it's time for me to eat breakfast. I think I'm going to make pancakes. Just because I haven't had them in a while. Maybe you will?

If this is all too overwhelming and excessively sunny, I apologise. I know what it's like to be depressed, and I want you to be otherwise, but if that's where you are, that's where you are. And I know the world is a sucky place. I wish you were not so down.

P.S. I've found that presents for myself are much cheaper at the thrift store, and it's fun to poke around there. At the age of 46, I just bought the first raincoat that I really like. For about $11! I sorta like the last one, but it came from the same source.

P.P.S. My pdoc is very attractive. I don't have a crush on her, but that's only because I have an iron will and a girlfriend.

P.P.P.S. If you don't have any birthday cards on your wall, PM me a snail mail address. (And mention this thread, because I'm terrible with names.)

Thanks for the kind, kind thoughts, everyone! 

Although my birthday wasn't amazing, it was better than those the last few years ago.  I treated myself to a massage and rather than expecting people to make a fuss over me, I called a couple of friends and invited them out to celebrate.

I think part of the problem is that I wish I would have more friends, but I'm also very introverted and scared of other people, so in a way, I keep people at arm's length.  But then I feel bad because I feel I "should" have more friends.  These feelings are more powerful on my birthday because I always hear about other people celebrating with 10 friends and a big party, etc.  I do have friends, but not that many, and they aren't really the type to make a fuss over me or going out to celebrate.

Thanks again for all of your warm thoughts, everyone!

Archived