CrazyBoards.org

Lyrica for Nerve Pain

I have severe nerve pain from a failed fusion of the cervical 5, 6 and 7 vertebrae.  Have been prescribed Vioxx(only took about a week), Neurontin, Cymbalta, Hydrocodone, etc.  Have most recently been taking a combination of Oxycodone, both sustained release and short acting and Cymbalta.  Another  surgery is in the forecast, but have struggled with rapidly advancing and increasing pain.  Started Lyrica 75 mg 3 times a day.  Today is day 2, and I feel fanfriggentastic.  Anyone know about this drug, if it is making me feel this way by itself, or is it the combo of the oxycontin...(time release was also increased to 40mg 3 times a day).  The drug sheet says it should cause sleepiness, but I have cleaned the house, cooked dinner, made a Thanksgiving wreath, taken my Mother shopping, and am still awake!  Does this wear off after a few days as with most drugs?  And does anyone know the withdrawal associated with it?  Oh, and I have already considered that my "high" might be from the increase in the oxy, but this seems to be very different from an opoid high.

Archived