CrazyBoards.org

Yipee! Weight Loss & Wellbutrin

My appetite is way down and for Chrissakes, I'm craving salads and fruit?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't lost any weight on WB but I experienced the same thing with cravings - salads, vegetables, fruit, some nuts.... Lovely ;)

The weight loss might well be from the lack of alcohol?

(I have also pretty much quit drinking, although I never drank loads but did have a have beers on weekends regularly, and occasionally during the week)

It is an amazing medication. Craving the fruits and veggies is just not like me!  ;)   I am going up to the 300 mg @ day today. I'm a little nervous, as the initial side effects were worrisome, crankiness, odd mouth movements, thirst, loss of mental capability, etc  :) But overall, I am feeling great and best of all, I don't want to kill myself, or go to sleep and never wake up. Imagine that. This is what normal feels like. I just wish it would last. I think I'm staying on the meds now for good and not fucking around thinking I am cured. I just can't go back to the black pit of hell again.

But overall, I am feeling great and best of all, I don't want to kill myself, or go to sleep and never wake up. Imagine that. This is what normal feels like. I just wish it would last. I think I'm staying on the meds now for good and not fucking around thinking I am cured. I just can't go back to the black pit of hell again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do hope it lasts - the healthy diet (and lessened alcohol intake) can't be bad for you either ;)

The cravings for fruit & veg lesseend for me over time but I blame that on girly hormones right now. And alcohol still doesn't tempt me :)

• 3 weeks later...

That's so weird that you mention the fruit thing... I just took my wellbutrin XL for the first time this morning and there was a guy walking by my eating an apple. The smell of the apple was so intesne and I just really wanted one...then I went and bought some orange juice - which I never drink for breakfast (usually coffee). So odd!

I hope you are continuing to see good results with the wellbutrin.  I just started it

today and from what I've heard it sounds like I may benefit from it.  I've gained

some weight from various drugs over the past few years & I hope the wellbutrin

will help me lose it.

Guest billycat

I too lost weight going on Wb...after gaining about 20 lbs. on paxil.....lost it all in about 2 months without even trying..it was great.  Ya lots of vegies as well,

and fruit smoothies....have you tried the Boldthouse farms fruit drinks their

delish.    Hate the smell of McD's if someone walks into the lunch room with it gags me.  A friend of mine went on it and completly lost her desire to gamble...

something she really liked to do, but had problems with it.  It really seems to help with several addictive behavior conditions.

My appetite has all but disappeared.  I am now one of those annoying people who

forgets to eat.  (How I used to hate those people!)  I tried to have a beer the

other night and it tasted horrible!  Yay wellbutrin!

Archived