CrazyBoards.org

my computer sucks!

so i installed the "software update" on my mac and now whenever i start the computer i get the same message and it comes up in 4 different languages at the same time (English, French, German, and Japanese, woo!) that I "need to restart the computer" including instructions on how you do that (by holding down the power button, uh duh).  i think it broke the Airport card because i updated that driver... i should send apple some nice hate mail  ;)

Rebuilding the permissions takes care of most of those issues. I am not sure if you ever had an old mac (like system 7), but you used to have to rebuild the desktop and optimize once a month or so. It is a good idea to fix the permissions on about the same schedule.

Glad it worked!!!

You might also want to go to versiontracker and download  the applejack software.  The techie at my Apple store swears by applejack, and it's free.  Corrects problems and rounds up the stray dogies and whips the neurons into shape.  Or something.

olga the moron (but I LOVE my powerBook)

There is a rather humorous video that one of my friends shared with me about computer tech support from the perspective of the tech supporter.  Basically, a very uncomputerliterate guy calls tech support because he can't get Office to work.  Tech support guy gets frustrated because dumb guy keeps doing the wrong thing.  Asks if there is a child in the house, if so please put her on the phone.  Tells child what to do, problem solved.  Gives piece of advice to child.

"Next time, tell Daddy to buy a Mac.  They are computers for idiots, er, daddies."

• 2 months later...

I'm not a big fan of Apple since my iPod broke and I have to send it to fucking Holland to get it repaired, even if it just needs a new battery! For the price of a new one!

Then again, I'm not a big fan of Microsoft evil. All big companies are evil. What to do what to do...

Archived