CrazyBoards.org

Heh, it seems like the main criticism is taking an individual story and generalizing it to the entire population.

Uh, that narrative method is like breathing for TV, radio, and newspapers. Make the story personal - focus on one person, or one family's story. Done all the time.

Why? Well, a story about statistics is . . . boring!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Inanlae
      I've been applying for jobs.  I just quit a new one because I was too anxious to make the commute.  I've been checking the disability box.  How do you know when it's time to throw in the towel on working?  Have you been able to find a job that works with your disabilities?  My GAD manifests as social anxiety and agoraphobia.  It seems to be getting worse.  I was too anxious to meet with a new tdoc today.  How do you even begin to qualify for disability in the US?  How do you get help when you can't help yourself?
    • By Cerberus
      National Public Radio recently ran a story covering a Standford University study that found that Ketamine may act as an opioid, and therefore may have the potential to cause addiction. See? It's like I always say: Glass half empty. But this is a preliminary study, and the findings will have to be duplicated by others.
      Listen to the story.
    • By Byron-Black
      I'm going to see a lawyer tomorrow about disability, and I'm terrified. I don't know what to expect and my anxiety is through the roof. I keep feeling like they are going to laugh at me and think I'm not sick enough. I've had nightmares about it all week, and I keep obsessively thinking about it.
      Has anyone else gone through this? What was the meeting like?
      Any info or support is welcome.
    • By BP71
      A few days ago, my husband left and called my family to come get me.  I was sick out of work for a week.  Husband stayed home with me that last day and then disapeared while I was napping.  The next thing I knew was that my family gathered me up, brought me to another city where they live, told me to quit my job, and give notice on my rental house.  I'm giving away almost all my possessions as I don't know when I will be able to live on my own again.  I now have no job, no husband, no money, and no freedom.  I am giving my mom power of attorney since I can't manage anything right now.  I hate bipolar.  So weary of being sick.  My family is planning on me going on permanent disability, because I seem to be getting more unstable as I age.  I feel beyond bad.  My young adult son is more of an adult than I am.  I know I am venting.  Does anyone have any hope to offer?  Right now, I'm feeling pretty out of hope.  
    • By Velvet Elvis
      I suspect this will help a couple people here.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2016/04/12/obama-to-forgive-the-student-debt-of-permanently-disabled-people/?tid=sm_fb