CrazyBoards.org

Guys don't fancy tall girls

Guest Me

I am a 22 year old female, senior in college.  Well, I consider myself attractive (stereotype blonde)  - I am 6'0 and 155 lbs.  I am athletic and take care of myself.  Men oogle at me all the time, but never ask me out or take me seriously.  I am dating aguy who is shorter than I and it makes me uncomfortable.  but NO tall guys bother to ask me out.  In fact, the guy I am dating's boss (who is hot) told him that he thought I was hot, but too tall.  Not his type.  I wonder if this is the mindset of many other guys.  why is that??? anyone have this problem. ;)

My daughter is 22, 5'11", around 140 lbs and gorgeous. Doesn't look like her mother thank God. And smart to boot. Has her hair streaked. Wears nice clothes, has a good job. Same thing. She has ended up with some losers. But I think it is the intimidation thing also. Shorter women make guys feel more powerful. But like I tell her, get your confidence and hold that head up high. And don't stop wearing heels! Please yourself and the others will follow. Also keep a great sense of humor.

Tall guys like tall girls!

I can speak to that from first hand knowledge too. (grin)

'Course, tall guys like short girls too!

Seriously though, I know some guys have height issues, but I've never understood it. And 155 sounds just about right for that tall. "Frailty" is for old women and bone china. I'm not saying all women should be Amazons. There is room for everyone and every type in this world, with the possible exception of Dr. Phil and Rush Limbaugh.

I'm trying to find a way to say this without offending anyone...

I'm not sure I can, so I apologize in advance.

But strength is attractive. Physicallity is sexy. The sense that you won't have to slow down slow down so someone can keep up is nice. Hell, just not having to shorten my stride while walking with someone would be nice.

As long as a guy doesn't have inferiority issues it shouldn't matter. I once new a woman who was about 6ft 180lbs and a competing power lifter. One of the nicest people I knew, and if I hadn't been married...

Im not sure why so many guys have issues there, but rest assured, not all of us do.

InfoNut

Years ago, when Kevin Nealon was still on SNL he was doing the Weekend Update one night and said they did a study or something on the Barbie Doll. And that if a woman in real life were to look like a Barbie Doll, she would have to be like 7' tall 120 lbs, etc etc. He ended it with "well ladies, you've got a lot of work to do, get to it."  ;)

But strength is attractive. Physicallity is sexy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell yeah!  Tall girls are hot.  Hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot hot!  The only thing hotter than tall girls, is tall athletic girls.

So, where you from?  I am 5' 11' , BTW.  Hope that isn't too short.

Hey, Cherie,

I'm fairly tall (5'9") but when my husband sees a woman walk by who is 6', he just goes weak in the knees.  He LLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVESSS  tall women!  He'd want you to wear heels and be even taller.

So yeah, keep your shoulders back, stick out the ta-tas and look for a confident man who wants you to stride along NEXT to him, and not be down at his belt.  ;)

Taller women do better in the business world, too--it's a statistic.

olga

I'm female and 6'1".  Short guys would get mad at me for wearing heels...

I think a lot of it has to do with being a strong woman.  Primarily, there are two types of men who are attracted to strong women -- guys who want a mommy, and guys to want to "tame" you.  At least, those are the two types I get hit on by.  I can't stand either type.

Happily, I've found a 6'5" husband who makes me feel dainty...  ;)

Don't worry.  The right guy will come along.  It's just that guys in their early twenties are easily intimidated...

I am 6' tall, and in high school, it was only the short guys who asked me out. The tall guys all went for the little bitty tiny girls. Though once you get a little older, it wont matter that much. The guys grow up and become more secure (in theory) so aren't intimidated by the height thing.

Primarily, there are two types of men who are attracted to strong women -- guys who want a mommy, and guys to want to "tame" you.  At least, those are the two types I get hit on by.  I can't stand either type.

Don't worry.  The right guy will come along.  It's just that guys in their early twenties are easily intimidated...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I find these two generalizations to be quite untrue in my specific case.  I am attracted to strong women because I have a strong personality and I like someone that can stand up to that.  I don't need a mommy and I have no desire to tame anyone.  In my early twenties I was intimidated by everything.  That tends to happen when you have severe anxiety.  That being said, if I found a woman I was attracted to, I would make the effort to overcome said anxiety.  The risk was well worth the potential reward.

Archived