CrazyBoards.org

You'd go to a doctor if you broke your arm......

I am 38 years old, married 9 years with two DDs, 6 and 2.5. I am a devout Christian and I am a Marriage and Family Therapy Intern. Depression, nightmares, fears, anxiety have plagued three generations, me, my mom, and my grandmother. If it exists I worry about it, if it might happen, I worry bout it. Me irritable? Sorry I bit your head off would you like it back? I am such scum, I am so sorry! Got a lot done today, but tomorrow I may barely get out of bed, and I am so lonely, but leave me alone because everything irritates me! Oh good, a good couple weeks, maybe these meds are working, oh dang, when will it hit me again? Dun dun dun........! The only thing that keeps me going is my relationship with God and meds. I love using emotional tools from Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy that help me combine my spiritual beliefs with my reality.

I take 50 mg of Pristiq since Lexapro 20 mg was not working. In January when I started my internship, my blood pressure,went from 112/60 to 148/85! I started the Pristiq after this I think.....I had night sweats, insomnia, and nausea for a bit. I fast 16 hours a day and this helps my energy. Otherwise I am an avid emotional overeater. The fasting kills my appetite, but I still get enough nutrition. It seems to help my focus and depression as well. I still get tight chest and feelins of anxiety and take aprazolam .5 when needed. I also take 5 mg of melatonin and a couple Tylenol if having trouble sleeping instead of the aprazolam.

I am non-political, but passionate about gardening, nature, crafts, music, singing, creating, being an earth muffin, and spending time with my DDs and DH. I love life and this mental illness is not going to beat me! It is a thorn in my side, that is all! For me, God's presence in my life has to be bigger, or I'd drown.

If it were only as simple as treating a broken arm....disease of the mind has so much social stigma even in our modern world and the ever pervasive "Pull yourself up, and dust yourself off!" mentally still penetrates generations.

So have you ever explored peri-menopause? Maybe that's worth looking into as well.

But welcome! This is an amazing place with wonderful people

Welcome to Crazyboards.  Please read the rules when you get a chance, so you understand how we operate.

We have a forum in which we discuss spirituality in all its forms, and you are welcome to post there if you would like to open a discussion about religion.  However, I do want to mention that several of our members have been abused by "religious" family members and churches, so there are varying reactions to religion around here.  We also have Buddhists, atheists, deists, Unitarians, wiccans and other faiths, so it's a varied community in terms of religion.

I hope you enjoy meeting our members and please contact a staff person if you have any questions.

olga

The title is more in response to how people think I should just be able to cheer up because i have nothing to be sad about. One would not say that to someone who broke their arm, you go to a doctor, and I go to a doctor for my broken receptors to get my "cast/brace/crutch" in the form of meds. I recall that my mother may have shot a book about peri- or pre-menopause my way a few years ago. I will have to see if I can dig it up.

I will look into the forum about religion but everyone might as well get used to seeing certain words and "opinions" as being a part of who I am and how I express myself written and otherwise. I do not plan on proselytizing here and I won't try to cause anyone to stumble who has a conscience wrought with "religious" hang-ups. I didn't come hear to discuss religion, but my posts will reflect my spiritual side as well as physial and mental side as well. Denying it in some way is to deny who I am.

I look forward to being a part of this community as time permits and hopefully offer plain old encouragement and humor as well. I am a little worn out with sarcasm, and I just found out it means "to tear flesh" in Greek and it's bad enough out there with others against us, I am not trying to pour, poor wit salt into any wounds.

I appreciate your clarification.  We have had difficulties in the past with members who replied to other members "I will pray for you," and that sends some people right up the wall. :)  Then we ended up with a shouting match and it wasn't pleasant.  Anyway, welcome again and I hope you like it here and want to come back often.

olga