CrazyBoards.org

Why the people with substance abuse issues do what they do.

I would do anything to get out of my head. To stop the voices and the noise. To make the ghosts vanish. I want to drive to the liquor store and buy something hard to kill off what the Zyprexa can't. I want to take all my Zyprexa to see if that will work. I want to get into the bio-safe and take some morphine so I'll be so high I won't care about any of that.

Instead I will sit on the couch and try some suggestions from DBT911 on my cell phone and see if something, anything will work.

Good luck to me. :-/ 

You will weather this.  It might be lengthy, painful, and leave you with scars.  But going the other way is one of the steps towards living in a manner that will not end well.  If the route of substance consumption worked in the long term, we would all be doing it.  

Call your doc, sometimes they can prescribe a little extra AAP and it does help with many of the symptoms.  The rule of thumb is to get help before you have to have it.

Substance abuse is not a solution and can cause a lot of problems and heartache, in addition to the struggles you already have.  I know it can be hard to handle the present moment, but you will get through it.

Trying to use DBT skills sounds like a very healthy way of coping, and I hope you are proud of your willingness to give that a try.  Engaging in self-care activities, calling your pdoc, and seeking support from the people around you are also good ideas.

Wishing you luck, Damik.

I'm glad you've decided to try some DBT. Is there anyone you could call a doctor? or even a mental health hotline? If I knew where you lived I dig some up. You need to be very honest for your pdoc to be able to accurately treat you. I think you know that drug or alcohol abuse is really something you don't want to get in to.

did you just start the zyprexa? sometimes it takes awhile to be effective.  i hear you on getting to that point of just being like, fuck it. there are other treatment options that might work better for you if you've maxed out on zyprexa and hopefully your doctor will offer some useful solutions when you next discuss the matter with him/her.